-(18)-

I ran as fast as I could across the yard, and paced around the pool

I ran as fast as I could across the yard, and paced around the pool. I could sense at least three people chasing me. I turn around for a moment to see Marco and Luca on either side and Nic coming to cut me off down the side. I move to the right quickly and dodging him as he rolled over.

I ran towards the front of the house and to the car gates. I look towards the guards to see if they knew what was happening but they didnt do anything, they just watched, as if they had an invisable sign infront of them saying, dont you even dare try it.

"ELIJAH GET BACK HERE NOW.", I heard Marco scream.

"Elijah, we wont hurt you, we just wanna talk!", Shouted Luca, who was obviously out of breathe.

Talk my ass, they just want to marry me off to some asshole, and I came back to protect Eve, when I dont even know her, last time we were together was a fluke, she still wanted all the attention, she still wanted to be the favourite.

"For fuck sake Eli stop running, you wont get anywhere.", I heard Raf yell. Great they were all out here. I couldnt see Mason though. Maybe he went inside.

I hear the gates at the front of the house open.

I look towards the gate as I see a car pull up. I dont stop running when I see its Gabriel in the car seat. Instead I run past the car, grab some car keys in the security zone and rush towards the garage. I must look crazy to everyone right now, but I was terrified on the inside. I refuse to be apart of something that I never wanted in the first place.

They were at least thirty foot away as I am such a fast runner, Probably practice from Chad. They were also slowing down. Jesus they were so unfit. The muscles said otherwise, but they couldnt run for shit.

I have to leave Eve right now. I couldnt risk getting caught for someone who I just trusted yesterday. And she will love all the boys attention. And to be honest I think she would love to get married to Gabriel. I couldnt care less if he didnt want too. He looked happy enough to marry either of us, which makes my anger turn into full on rage.

I click the keys and go to the car it belongs too. I get in, turn the engine on and speed out of the garage. I see the guards closing the gates so I bib the horn to put them off and both of them jump out of their skin. I kept in a laugh as I was concentrating on my driving. I was only 14 but I was taught how to drive when I turned 12.

I race out of the gate and soon I end up on the main road. I thought I was safe as I let out a breathe of relief. Where do I go now? Who do I go to? I mean I could probably live alone, and gain money for myself. I needed to leave America though. Maybe England. To go to fancy London.

(A/n Nothing against brits, Im English myself :) )

I needed a passport. I knew a guy from my days in the ring, saved his ass from a giant, otherise he might of died. I look into the side mirror to see 4 black cars trying to be discreet from following me. Mason must of gone and called them to be ready. Great. A car chase. I mean I new how to drive pretty well, but I was only 14. 

It was all a chess game. Everything. Me. My sister. My brothers. And my father. Him as the king and my brothers as knights and pawns. But Im not a pawn. 

Im a motherfucking queen.

I see the parting to go off the highway. This might be easier than I thought. I indicate to go into the left lane. Making sure their was enough space for me to swerve inbetween the cars at the right time. I get closer to the pathway off and go to turn. They do the same. Just as they are about to turn off like me, I swerve to the side and go into fourth lane as they are all stuck going off the middle and into the roundabout. 

I see them go past me and siding to the left as they are stuck on the opposite side. I stick my middle finger up at them as I part to the right into LA. Their faces were priceless.

I turned into the lane and sped on forwards. I was driving for a few hours when I realised I had no idea where I was actually going. I needed to get to the airport to get home, its a 12 hour drive home, and I had about thirty bucks on me.

Realisation hit me when I realised that they would have a tracker on the car. I was driving for another half an hour when I stopped off at a small town. I dropped the car off, wrote a note for the finders:

I refuse to get married, I refuse to be a part of a sick game of our father, and I refuse to be part of our family, I want out, dont look for me, I will always fight no matter what you do or say. Lots of hate, Elijah Romano. xoxo 

I looked at the note once over before tucking it into the pocket in the seat, and opened the door. I noted the surroundings if I needed a quick getaway. People here thought it was okay to leave there bikes out and no one would steal it. Probably because they wouldn't. It seemed like a town where everyone knew everyone. 

I put my hood up and headed into the nearest cafe. I was starving as I hadnt eaten breakfast. I sat down and order a cheese toastie and a cup of coffee. I needed to be awake for the next twenty four hours in hopes that they would never find me. 

I sat there eating my toastie, ignoring the stares I got from people around me. I knew I must look wierd. My hair was crazy flowing down my back to mid waist, with my hood down whilst I was sitting down purching. I knew that they must think I was wierd, a stranger. A newcomer to most. 

I needed to get out of this country and fast.