XLIII

Abscond

Abscond

Ashanti was awakened by the loud slam outside of her room. She silently stood up and went near the door, and found out it was her mom's voice.

"Let me see my daughter!"

Napakalakas ng boses at ngayon na lamang niya ulit narinig iyon pagkatapos ng away ng kaniyang magulang unang araw nang tumira si Calista sa mansyon. There was no reply but for sure her mom was talking to someone.

She was about to open the door when a person with a manly voice spoke. "Our apologies, Madam. Napagutusan lang kami ni Sir Carshon na bantayan ang Young Miss."

Her eyes widened as she stepped backward. There were watchdogs outside her room! She bit her lips and slowly went back to her bed with a trembling body. She knew it, her father would not let her wander around even in the mansion.

She could not contact Cayser for an update since they took all of her gadgets. There were some left but the signal was blocked in her area. She was thankful the device Maeann bought was still with her.

"It's his fault to ask for a doctor! And what happened? It was a con artist! Let me see my child!"

W-what?

Napaawang ang bibig niya sa narinig. Mas malakas iyon kaysa kanina kung kaya't malinis niyang narinig ang sigaw ng kaniyang ina. Her body went pale. So, the man who took a blood sample from her was fake? But why would her father ask a specialist for her?

Her body dropped to the mattress. She could not utter a word. What was happening? Did her father think she was mentally ill?

Habang patagal nang patagal ay sumasama ang loob niya sa ama. Hindi rin naman niya masisi ito dahil sa daming maling nagawa niya kay Calista simula pagkabata. Ngunit anak pa rin siya nito. Parang hindi siya nito kilala. Bakit ang bilis nitong gumawa ng konlusion sa kaniya?

Was it because his love for her step-sister was greater than the love for her?

[It is a drug most teens use nowadays. It contains chemicals that can boost your hormones, makes your skin glow, and be fresh. The drug is considered illegal not only in Arsace but in the whole country. The person found guilty will be imprisoned for a minimum of a decade...]

The living room was silent. Neither someone could move nor speak. Their eyes were on the screen of the television, watching the news about Ashanti. A smile was on everyone's faces thinking their plan was going smoothly not until they watched the report.

A loud bang startled everyone as they immediately turned their heads to the head maid who fell on the floor. The nightmare was written on her face while her eyes were presently glaring at the maids in her surroundings.