☾63

Wish I knew back then what I know now
Wish I could somehow go back in time
And maybe listen to my own advice

I'd tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out
Talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder
Tell her she's beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn't see

You gotta speak up, you gotta shout out
And know that right here, right now
You can be beautiful, wonderful, anything you wanna be
Little me

You gotta speak up, you gotta shout outAnd know that right here, right nowYou can be beautiful, wonderful, anything you wanna beLittle me

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

It wouldn't stop, the words wouldn't stop repeating around in her head like a whirlwind. A churning in her gut, the floodgates of her anxiety had suddenly burst open allowing the surge of insecurity and her worries to cascade like a never ending waterfall.

However, this waterfall wasn't pretty or calming in the slightest.

This waterfall was tainted, corrupted by her damaged self. The harsh ripples of burning water carrying through with the negativity Yeonhee couldn't help but instinctively think of, a destructive turmoil fuelling the doubt and feeding her even more worries.

Yeonhee wasn't sure what it was exactly, what was causing the sudden seeds to be planted in her mind.
It had been several days since she last saw Mark due to his busy schedule, every time she tried to hang out with him he had regretfully declined with the reasoning he really had no extra time.

She understood, of course she understood.
She would be an idiot to not understand how busy Mark is as an idol.

...so what was this bitter feeling?

Unable to pinpoint it directly, frustration seeping through the cracks as she harshly sighed, biting anxiously at her bottom lip.

An unsettling weight had been pressed on her chest, stomach churning and flipping over. Knee bouncing up and down while she tried to sketch out a drawing yet it just wouldn't come together.

Yeonhee had been preoccupied with spending time with her brother that not hanging out with Mark wasn't the worst thing in the world, the two of them spending their respective times doing other things which was completely fine.

But now she was alone in the apartment, Jaewon had taken Hyunjae, Wooyung and Haruki to the cinema. Though she was offered many times to come, Yeonhee declined.

There was barely any noise in the atmosphere, a deafening silence only filled with the strokes of pencil to the paper, clattering on the table when she scraped her chair back.