chapter twenty

CHLOE'S POV:

I had to admit that I was a little nervous being back on stage, this stage. In front of judges. And with my nodes I wasn't sure if something would happen. But I was also really excited. I couldn't wait to perform in front of y/n.

Y/n squeezed my hand, probably feeling how nervous I was. Her and I were in tune with each other like that.

"You're gonna do amazing." She whispered, kissing the side of my head.

"The Sockapellas, proving that it doesn't "get better" for everyone after high school." John, one of the judges, said loudly as him and Gail, the other judges, watched the Sockapellas.

"A cappella out of a sock puppet. Genius." Fat Amy said impressed.

"Look at the white one with the black sock." Stacie commented.

"It's making a statement." Cynthia nodded.

Aubrey rolled her eyes, looking disgusted. I mean I took this seriously, but I think sometimes Aubrey was too uptight. She needed to get laid and soon.

"They're complete idiots. There's no craft there. Watching them will make you worse." Aubrey huffed.

"At least they're different." Beca commented, low blowing Aubrey.

"I'm gonna go and find my seat." Y/n told me, "Don't worry about your nodes okay? Go out there and sing your heart out."

I smiled, "Okay. Now give me kiss."

The woman leaned in and kissed me softly, our lips molding together. It was short and sweet and when she pulled away, I missed her lips already. Y/n sent me one last smile before leaving backstage to go find her seat.

"Hands in." Aubrey said.

"Let's give it up for the Barden Bellas!"

That was our cue.

We all ran on stage with smiles on our faces and got into position. I grinned wider when I spotted y/n in the second row and waved a little at her. Aubrey and I shared a look and both nodded at each other before she brought out the pitch pipe and blew it.

I stepped forward and began singing, "Yeah I gotta new life, you would hardly recognize me. I'm so glad..."

YOUR POV:

When all the performances were over, I met up with the Bellas and Chloe hugged me.

"You guys did amazing." I smiled.

"Please, we have a lot of stuff that still needs improving." Aubrey huffed.

"Aubrey, are you ever happy?" I sighed.

The blonde flipped me off and walked away. I looked at Chloe and she kissed my nose before taking my hand and we were heading down to the lobby of the venue. We all stopped on the stairs when we saw the trebles and some other group of... dads? I don't know what to call them but by the looks of them, it had been a few years since they were in college. Both groups were fighting over the Trebles winning trophy.

"Shouldn't somebody stop them?" Chloe asked.

"Let me at 'em!" Fat Amy said, gearing up to go when Aubrey stuck her arm out to stop her.

"I got it." I kissed Chloe's cheek and let go of her hand.

"Baby-" Chloe tried to grab my hand again but I was out of reach.

"Didn't think I would let you have all the fun did you?" Beca smirked, walking down the stairs next to me. I laughed and shook my head at her, both of us entering the fight.

Of course, the fight didn't last long when the trophy was broken and one half was tossed out the glass door and the other part was in my sisters hand. The cops were called and they cuffed both me and my sister and stuffed us in the back seat of their car.

"Well, can't be a rockstar without having at least one altercation now can I?" I sighed, leaning my head against the window.

Thankfully Beca and I weren't in the holding cell for long before they called our names and gave us our belongings back.

"Who do you think bailed us out?" I asked.

"Your girlfriend most likely."

"She's not my girlfriend yet. What about your girlfriend?" I smirked.

Beca opened her mouth to respond when Jesse came walking up with a large grin on his face.

"Hey Hillary Swank in Million Dollar Baby." He grinned.

Beca rolled her eyes, "You just have to say "Million Dollar Baby." You don't have to reference the actress."

"I wanted to make sure you got it."

"Thanks for bailing us out. That was nice." I commented.

"I didn't." He shook his head, pointing behind him and right at our dad who was leaning against his SUV, 'He did."

"You called our dad?! Why?!" Beca huffed.

"They put you in handcuffs, Bec. It looked pretty serious-"

"That doesn't mean you call my Dad!"

"What, do you have another parent I don't know about?" He argued.

"You should leave Jesse." I clenched my jaw.

He looked at me and back to my sister, "Why are you yelling at me? I'm here!"

"I didn't ask you to be." My sister growled before giving him the cold shoulder.

Beca and I brushed past him and towards our father who looked beyond pissed to be woken up at this time of night to find his two daughters in jail.

"Dad, it's not a big deal-" I started but he cut me off.

"It is a big deal. I get a call in the middle of the night telling me daughters got arrested for

destruction of property!"

"It was a misunderstanding. That's all it was." I rolled my eyes.

"If you think I'm going to pay for you- for both of you to go to L.A. after this, then you're thinking wrong. Now get in the car, we're done talking about this."

"Dad-" Beca tried but the old man wasn't having it.

"The conversation is over." He shook his head and got on the driver's side. Beca and I shared a look before getting in the SUV. The ride was quiet and tense all the way back to the dorms and when he dropped us off at our building, he sped off.