Chapter 4 -- Busy

Enzo woke up in his beautiful saviour's arms and wrapped his own around her hips bringing her comforting presence closer to him. He buried his head in her neck, sighing gently in relief.
The sigh tickled Caroline's neck, waking her up, she looked slightly towards the vampire and smiled.
"You awake lovely?" Caroline asked Enzo with her arms still wrapped around him. The vampire in question nodded his head and Caroline just ran her fingers through his hair which comforted him greatly.

"Are you okay now? You didn't seem so great during the night." Caroline continued concerned.
"Yeah I'm good. It was just a nightmare." He responded sadly. Caroline parted them slightly then sat them both up leaning against the wall. She faced him so they were looking into eachother's eyes.
"Do you need to talk about it?"
"Yeah..."
"You don't have to if you don't want to."
"I think I might get better if I tell you about it." Caroline nodded to him so he could start telling his story. Eventhough she knew what happened to him she felt she could understand him better and help him better if she listened to him.

"I was remembering the night Damon left me... I remember him looking into my eyes and I remember seeing... No feeling him turn of the switch. I was stuck in the flames. Inhaling the smoke. I felt the fire burn into my skin. It felt raw and I remember it blistering. Then I felt someone dragging me out and I hoped it was my friend. I didn't want to go back to them. Not again. But I woke up again and I was on that table and they kept cutting me open. Not caring about my burns. I wished upon death that day but it was never granted. That's when I gave up. The only freedom I thought I would ever get was when they wouldn't need me anymore and would dispose of me. You saved me. From that torment. You could have easily left me like Damon. I dreamt that you had given me back. That I was back there again. I was so scared." At this point Enzo had his head between his knees.

Caroline looked upon him in sorrow. Tears building up in her eyes. She calmed and brushed them away. She lifted his head and saw tears running from his eyes. She held his face in her hands and brushed his tears away with her tumbs.
"Enzo. I promise you this. As long as you are with me you will never go back there. I will never let that happen." She brought him into a tight embrace and kept comforting him.
"Its okay babe let it all out. I've got you. I'm here. There's no need to worry. You're safe now."

After a while Enzo calmed and Caroline brought him downstairs.
"Let's make you some French toast." Caroline said to him as she guided him to the stool by the island.

Caroline made their food and they sat down to eat. This time Enzo's hand was rested on Caroline's thigh which comforted the both of them.

Later on Caroline found some casual clothes from the attic that would fit Enzo. She then got changed and did her hair so they could leave.

She the had a thought. Many vampires compel the bank for money to be put in an account every month or they compel people to transfer. So if they go to the bank and Caroline got Enzo to compel the owner than it would be easy money for them. Only for essentials and it's not like going to take a grand amount so what's the harm.

But first they need to get him some blood bags.
"Enzo Love?" Caroline called from her bedroom.
"Yeah Care?" He responded entering her room.
"How is your compelling right now?" She asked looking at him. Enzo looked into her eyes and said, "Say Enzo is the most handsome man alive and then give me a hug."
"Enzo is the most handsome man alive." Caroline responded and then proceeded to give Enzo a hug which he happily returned. Caroline just giggled and kissed his cheek.
"I would have done it anyway but I can confirm your compulsion definitely worked darling." After she said that Enzo blushed softly and laughed it off.

"Why did you need to know?" Enzo asked the happy blonde who was still in his arms.
"Well I'd rather you not get captured and found out as a vampire so we're gonna need to compel some hospital staff for some blood bags." She responded to him caressing his face softly without noticing.