42. THE RED DRESS

"So, in the past weeks I was working my fingers to the bone, back there in that mortifying study camp without mobile and internet, and in the meantime, you found a fake boyfriend, that fake boyfriend is your ex-bias and your current boss, and that boss is Jeon ducking Jungkook. To top it off, you even introduced that guy to your aunt and her family and he helped you to get a new fancy house, you even got a promotion from being his manager to his chef, woah! Congrats my lady, I'm so proud of you. And here comes the crux of the biscuit, you fricking signed a contract with that Satan in a bunny onesie! Do Amazon ship Oscar awards to South Korea? You really deserve a couple of them for your non-existing brain!" seems like rapper Jin momentarily possessed your friend Darla, the dosage of satire dripping in her words is more than enough to drown you in the puddle of sarcasm.

"Darla, listen! I didn't plan or execute anything; I'm just playing the role in fate's screenplay." You try to defend yourself, knowing the absolute fact that you're going to pathetically fail in that.

"Shut up! Don't you have any better excuses y/n? what have you got yourself into? Do you even realize the seriousness of the situation you're caught in? and what's with this crazy date game, how many douchebags have you met till now?" she continues to rack up the questions in a tone that notifies that she is as mad as a hornet.

"Darla, calm down for heaven's sake! See, I totally understand all the things you ranted about, but try to understand, I was in a very crucial situation which drove me to nod my head for all the directions and destinations my fate exhibited in front of me. And this date thingy, I just want to torment Jungkook till my heart's content. Though I started all these as an oblivious ostrich, trust me I have few ideas readily devised to handle the situations, so chill down and relax. I can handle it." You try your level best, using sentences inlaid with all kinds of words that used to convince her every single time you guys get into an argument, since high school.

With a windy mock sigh she continues, "Do whatever you want, after all, you're the one who is going to suffer the consequence, so why do I even worry myself and why do I always behave like a mom material? It's distressing and your stubborn ass makes it even more irksome. Now that I think, how did your mom actually accepted all these crazy ideas, does she even know about all your mumbo jumbo plans?"

"Hmm...barring this adult version play dates, she knows the rest of the history." You reply innately, your eyes follow Joe, who is gliding over the kitchen floor with a plaid apron and a sizzling pan in his hand.

"What? Seriously! And you're still her daughter, she didn't disown you yet? Girl, what the heck is happening with your family members, why do they all suddenly behave so liberal? Have they taken leave of their senses?"

"Well, initially it was actually a red flag to a raging bull kind of move when I informed mom about my fake boyfriend plan, but when I informed that Jungkook is the one who is playing the role of my fake boyfriend, bizarrely she took it well than I expected, to begin with, I didn't even expect her to accept my decision at all, but she even convinced my dad and paved an easy path for me. Can you believe it?" it sounds unconvincing and far-fetched for even yourself.

"Wait, give me few seconds, my mind is buffering with all the mind-boggling information, is she shipping you with Jungkook or what? Actually, she should've put you up for adoption by this time if she was in her right mind, but how???" you could imagine her surprised Pikachu face on the other end of the call.

"I know right!" as you continue to reply, Joe gestures that he is done with cooking and proceed to take off his apron.

"Alright y/n, my break time will be over in few minutes, just update me about all your crazy fake dates until now and your further plans, because it sounds like the most menacing part of your contract."