32 | drowned blood

Walking into the room, I quickly abandoned my jacket, pulling the hair clip out of my hair and letting it fall down my back

Staring ahead, I watched as Enzo leaned against the headboard of our bed, tapping on his computer concentratedly not realizing I had stepped in.

Whatever he was working on was apparently confusing him by the furrowed eyebrows and clenched jaw.

Ever since the adult nap at the doorstep, he had been more than ever wanting to find out what Carlos Gonzalés's plan was.

He was so determined to erase the Sinners and at the same time, the Sinners were fixed to erase Carlos Gonzalés.

Sighting, I stepped in front of him, closing his laptop slowly. His eyes immediately snapped up to mine, pulling his fingers away before I shut it with a thud.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling away from him.

Sitting up on the bed, he rested one elbow against the headboard "Ever wondered how Gonzales knew where we were every fucking time?"

Walking over to my favorite place in our room, I stood in front of the windows, memorized by the view I never could get enough of.

"I did." Feeling his eyes on me, I turned around to see his eyes flood with varied emotions. Anger, curiosity, misery, desperation, trouble, loss. Emotions he had always kept hidden, but suddenly he was showing me everything, everything, and more, and by the look of small sentiment hidden behind everything was dread.

"Then how did he know where to find us each time? The Scalini Vivaldi Restaurant was secured that night. Lorenzo made sure no one could enter or go, yet they fled. No one can get past Lorenzo."

When he finished speaking, I took a minute to pass around the room. He was right. The Scalini was one of the most popular restaurants in the underground.

Just like criminals liked to go to clubs to entertain themselves and discuss business, the Scalini was a place for them to go over everything without distraction.

The Scalini Vivaldi was the last place you went to form an alliance.

Scalini Vivaldi that name. Why was the restaurant so familiar to me? I had heard of it yet the surroundings were so familiar to me even though I had never gone there before the night. Why was I so convinced I had seen the restaurant before then?

Taking a second of all those memories five years ago, the night I ran and stood in front of the restaurant scared out of my mind flooded through my brain.

That night I stood in the ally when suddenly two big men stood behind me. That night when I first properly entered the Underground.

"What if he never left?" Getting inside a place was simple but walking out was problematic.

"What if there was a place, they stayed hidden? A place we weren't aware of just like we weren't aware of the room he waited for us."

"That could be a possibility. But then why didn't Lorenzo see the footage?"