● 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘠 𝘈𝘕𝘕𝘌 𝘚𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘚 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘋𝘈𝘠 ●

THE PHONE FINALLY RANG AT A QUIET MEETING one day. And Blue quickly ran over to answer it.

"Hello, babysitter's club! This is Blue Scout, Fundraising Officer speaking." the blonde greeted, with a gleeful voice.

"Hello, Blue, this is Francine Delvecchio. I would like to speak with Mary Anne Spier. Could you put her on?"

"Of course. Hold please," Blue grinned as if Francine were actually standing in front of her.

The blonde muted the phone and took it off her ear.

"She wants to talk to you, Mary Anne," Blue gave the girl the phone.

Mary Anne hesitantly grabbed it and brought it up to her ear, "Hello?"

Blue plopped down on Claudia's bed next to Stacey. The grinning blonde pulled a plastic package of Rain-blo from her pocket and began chewing on a yellow gumball.

Blue popped her gum and looked up at an anxious Mary Anne on the phone.

"No-I mean, yes- I'm free."

The rest of the club looked up at her.

"I think..."

"What are you doing?!" Kristy mouthed.

"But the thing is...I belong to a club of babysitters, so I'd have to check if any of them-"

Mary Anne's sentence came to a halt.

"-What's your address?"

Blue sat there staring while the other girls rolled their eyes.

"Wow," Kristy sassed.

"Thank you," the girl with braids hung up the phone.

"I shouldn't have done that," she admitted.

"Clients aren't supposed to pick their sitters Mary Anne! That goes against the club's entire mission statement!" Kristy exclaimed.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, just try to be more assertive, stand up for yourself," Claudia told Mary Anne.

"Sorry," she repeated.

"You don't have to keep saying you're sorry," Kristy scoffed in annoyance.

"Sorry..."

"Mary Anne!"

"You have to learn how to advocate better!" Stacey shouted.

"Don't be such a pushover," Claudia said.

"Do you just want people to ignore you your whole life?!"

Mary Anne's lip began to quiver and she began to sniffle and cry.

"Just leave me alone!"