Chapter Eight|| Awkward Situations a Plot Twist and The Talk

She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans- Unknown

Chapter Eight|| Awkward Situations, a Plot Twist, and The Talk

My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy, and I was starting to quote an Eminem song in my head. Great.

But seriously, my palms were sweating and Mrs. Gray's stare was making me nervous. She was sitting across the table looking at us with the largest smile I've ever seen on a woman while Mr. Gray had a poker face.

Parker was, for the first time in forever, silent as he twisted the spaghetti on his fork. The table was large- like the house. Actually, everything in this house seemed to be incredibly big and white. There was a flat screen T.V in the living room the size of a wall and I' pretty sure they had one in the bathroom too. Everything about this place screamed fancy.

"So, what's your business with my son?" Mrs. Gray suddenly questioned while she rose her eyebrows.

My mouth became very dry and I opened my mouth to answer but no noise came out of it. "Mom," Parker groaned awkwardly as he stared down at his food. I could feel the blood rush onto my face as Mrs. Gray gave me a knowing look.

"What!" She exclaimed as if she were offended, "I have the right to know!"

Well, this was awkward. Quick, think of something to say, Ellie!

"We're just friends, Mrs. Gray," I replied, hoping she couldn't read the lie on my face. It was kind of true. "Oh, stop lying," she said, "We all know you're the girl who's going to turn our boy around. Get him out of trouble and you know, that kind of stuff."

I could feel the heat rush up to my face and Mrs. Gray's smile grew impossibly bigger. I glanced at Parker and almost had a heart attack at what I saw. He was blushing.

Holy mother of everything that is holy. Parker was blushing. Somebody slap me in the face and take me to a dorctor because I'm starting to see pigs fly.

"Tom, Parker's blushing!" Mrs. Gray squealed as she tapped on Mr. Gray's arms in exitement. Her eyes were wide and if you thought her smile was big before, it was ripping half of her face now. Mr. Gray grinned at his wife and threw me a look of appreciation.

"I'm glad you're here to guide my son towards the right direction," he mumbled.

Parker's eyes suddenly widened and that's when I realized everything had changed. I could practically see the imaginary gears turn in that mischievous head of his.

I yelped out loud when I felt a kick that I assume came from Parker. I was about to return it but Mrs. Gray's concerned voice stopped. "Are you okay, hon?" she questioned, the smile on her face had thankfully dissapeared.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about," I replied quickly. I could tell she didn't believe me but she left it alone and started twisting her fork. I could feel Parker's gaze on me and I would bet anything that he was calling me an idiot in his head.

I bit my tongue when I felt Parker's hand on my knee. He was drawing something. It took me a few seconds to comprehend that he was actaully writting on my knee and I tried so hard not to laugh. It took everything in me.

C-H-A-N-G-E P-L-A-N-S

To say I was confused as a Freshmen on their first day was an understatement. But it didn't take long for me to find out what Parker was trying to say. Damn, was I slow.

"We didn't want to say anything but.," he gulped and took my sweaty hand, "E-llie a-nd I are t-together."

I wish I had a glass of water right now so I could spit it out dramatically because that was the most idiotic lie Parker has ever come up with. It was so unbelievably stupid that even he had trouble uttering that one sentence.

Mrs. Gray didn't seem to mind though. She actually stood up and cried for a few minutes. Were all of Parker's girlfriends really that bad?

Wait, that's not what I should be thinking right now. I should be thinking up a plan so I could murder Parker and make it look like a very bloody accident. Did this idiot have peanuts stored in his head? How were we supposed to pull this off? We can barely pretend to be friends.

Despite the psychopathic thoughts and the questions that circled my head, I tried to smile as Mrs. Gray went on and on about Parker having a decent girlfriend for once or something like that. I had blocked her out while trying to control myself so I didn't have an eternal meltdown.

News flash: It wasn't working very well.

"- and I just know you're perfect for my son. You're a very nice yound lady, but I don't want any granchildren yet. I am too young to be a grandmother. If you actually decide to have any sexual realtions remember to have protection, though it isn't recomendable. You should save yourselves for when you are married and-"

I blinked a few times and watched as Mrs. Gray's mouth moved. I think I need to wash my ears with Holy Water. I'm pretty sure they're burning.

"Okay, mom, we get it. No sex," Parker finally said as if it was a normal thing to say.

After a few more awkward minutes of having "The Talk" with Parker's parents, I said my goodbyes and walked towards Parker's car. I then made sure we were totally out of sight before I punched Parker.

"Oww!" He groaned as he rubbed his right arm. "What in the world were you thinking Parker Gray, do you realize what you've gotten us into? Does your brain not function properly?"

Okay, I'll admit that last one was pretty mean but he deserved it! I was not acting like a love puppy for anyone!

"Did you see their faces, Ellie? You being my girlfriend is the perfect way for them to think I'm going to change. The month is almost over Ellie, all we need to do is last nine days before we have a tragic breakup," he stated, "Plus, only my parents will know, it's not like they're going to shout it our to the whole town."

He made it sound so easy, as if I wasn't dying right now! I mean, my hair has started falling out! Do you know what that does to your almost non-existent self esteem?

"I hope you're right, Gray," I hissed.

"I'm always right, Collins," he remarked with a smirk.

Author's Note

I am freaking out! I just won a DM on Twitter with 5 Seconds of Summer's Ashton Irwin. Do you know what that does to my almost non-existent self esteem?

Anyway, changing the topic. I love every one of you. Yeah, that person with that awesome face. I love you *wiggles eyebrows*

Vote, comment, PM me, follow, love me, #vote5sos, party hard, make it through this week without dying, do all of te above.

Peace homies!