00. Reminiscent Vows

7 Years Ago

7 Years Ago

Jungkook stuffed his hands into his pockets as he looked up at the towering building in front of him. The first bell had already rung, and he had watched students among students shuffle past him and weave through the school entrance. But he'd stayed, staring at the immense structure.

It was his first time starting something without his father's input. It was his first time trying something out on his own. He was 16, and he was ready to be his own person.

As he mentally prepared himself to put his foot forward, a moving figure caught his eye.

He turned his gaze and watched the girl stroll toward the front door. Hands in her jeans, earphones plugged into her ears, her slow steps projected the idea that she just didn't want to be there.

It didn't help his heart, one that was already anxious for his first day, now trying to figure out if it was even worth it.

Did he want to feel as miserable as that girl looked?

Shaking off his thoughts, he stepped forward. He knew if his father had found out he decided not to start school, he would get nothing his way anymore.

Jungkook reached the door at the same time as the girl, instantly reaching for it to hold it open. She shuddered when she noticed his hand, gaze snapping up to meet him.

Damn.

Jungkook sucked in a deep breath when their eyes met. She just had such captivating eyes.

He wasn't one for poetry or expression, nor was he a tea person but he could have sworn she had an abundance of it swirling in those irises.

"Thanks," she managed to grunt as she swiftly flew past him, heading down the hall.

Her aura was a massive contradiction to the colour of her eyes, however. One word from her, and Jungkook was intimidated.

When Jungkook entered the building, it took him a while to find the office, but he ended up there ten minutes later. After introducing himself to the receptionist, he was given his schedule and was shown the way to his first class.

The day went by quite slowly, Jungkook was already used to the mundane lifestyle of a high school student, but it never got easier to bear.

He hadn't made any friends, but it wasn't like it mattered to him.

Jungkook's father had bought him a studio apartment to call home, making him promise he'd let his uncle check up on him every once in a while. It was the best he was going to get; he didn't even mind. That evening when he went home, he was surprised to find it empty. His uncle had been staying with him for two nights before then that it was strange to be alone finally.

But he knew it wasn't going to be his last.

--

Weeks passed as Jungkook tried to get used to the lifestyle of a high school student living alone who couldn't cook. Life was getting boring, he attempted to join the school's sports teams, but they didn't give him the adrenaline he needed to live off of.