small world

"Good job today, class!" said Jimin with a single loud clap. "I'll see you guys next week!"

The students waved to him before retrieving their bags at the back of the room and heading out the door. Jimin grabbed his water bottle and took a long drink while dabbing the sweat off his neck. He had about five minutes to kill until the next class would arrive, so this was his chance to scarf down a snack. Jimin fished a granola bar out of his bag and ate it quickly.

"Jimin," called Hoseok, shaking a takeout bag in the air. "I got us dinner!"

Hoseok was one of Jimin's best friends and the owner of the dance studio, Hope World, where Jimin was employed. The place had only been open a year, but it was the most successful studio in the area. Hoseok's bright smile and amazing charm kept people coming back week after week.

Jimin was eternally grateful for Hoseok offering him a job at Hope World. Prior to being a choreographer and dance instructor, he worked as an emergency dispatcher. For everything he did and went through, the pay wasn't worth it. He also hated going home every night with sadness and/or guilt weighing on him. It just became too much for Jimin to handle. So, when Hoseok announced he was opening his own dance studio and wanted a contemporary teacher, Jimin jumped on that opportunity.

"Hyung, you know I have another class. You made the schedule," Jimin laughed.

His shoulders sunk. "Oh, shit. You're right. I'll just stick it in the fridge, okay? You can warm it up later."

"Thank you," he smiled, picking up the attendance sheet. Jimin then spotted something peculiar. "Uh, Hobi hyung?"

Hoseok halted his movement and turned around to face Jimin. "What's up?"

"I don't recognize this name on the roster. Did someone new join the class?"

"Oh, yeah," he relayed, slightly embarrassed. "Sorry, I totally forgot to tell you. He called the other day and signed up. He joined my hip-hop class too."

"Have you met him?"

"Not yet. I will tomorrow though."

He simply nodded his head while Hoseok left to put Jimin's food away. About a minute later, the first student, Yejun, arrived. She was a tall, lean woman with pale skin and shiny, jet-black hair. Yejun was virtually always the first one there. Hoseok would joke it was because she had a crush on Jimin. However, Jimin would disagree, saying she was just punctual.

"Hello, Mr. Park," greeted Yejun, sitting on the floor to begin stretching. Yejun was an extremely flexible person, having done acro dance at her old studio. Sure, Jimin was flexible himself, but not on Yejun's level. She was damn near a contortionist.

"Hi, Yejun. How are you?"

"I'm doing well," she grinned. "What's on the agenda tonight?"

"We're gonna run through last week's combination and move on to another. We'll probably only get about half of the routine done this class though."

"Sounds like a plan!"

As Jimin lightly stretched, his limbs still loose from the previous class, the remaining students piled in. He then took attendance, each person yelling out a "here!" when their name was called. Every person except one.

"Hm. I guess he decided not to come," Jimin commented.

"No, I'm here."

Jimin's eyes were peeled from the attendance sheet as his attention was brought to the back of the room where a man was setting his bag down.

"Sorry I'm late," the man apologized.

"Jeon Jungkook?" he wondered.

The new student nodded. "Mhm"