Preparation

I'm sorry for the late updated. I was going through something called Writer Block. So, I didn't feel like writing, causing me to take a short break. But, I used that time to improve my writing and plot. Please look forward.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Ariana's pov

"Princess, it isn't good to always sleep."

As a gentle voice passed by my ears, I was forced to open my heavy eyes-lids. A pair of sky blue pupils is glancing down at me with worry contained in it.

"Just a little more."

I mumble, closed my eyes back and turn opposite from the woman.

"You can't, Princess."

As the firm voice showed no intention of backing down, I sit up from the couch, rubbing my eyes with my palms to move away my sleepiness.

"You need to keep moving at times like this."

Lily said while opening the curtains. Concern was visible from her voice, even of I didn't look at her.

Well...., she must've been worried because all I did after that day was sleeping. But that is because I need more energy for my plan. And that wasn't easy for me who is constantly being tired by using magic on Athy.

_Chirp! Chirp!

Bright sunlight pours through from the opening window, making my eyes sqweek again. It seems to be noon, seeing the sun is still strong.

_Meow!

And a sound that doesn't match the situation poped up. I walked toward the window, the direction of the sound.

The scene of familiar rose garden is still as beautiful as always. The only thing that was out of place was a brown cat, floating in the middle of the air, at my eyes level.

"Why are you here?"

At my question, Lily who is behind me, asked back confusedly.

"Who are talking about, Princess?"

"No, it's nothing."

Lily doesn't seems to be able to see the cat. But I have no intention of telling to Lily either.

"My master said he want a private meeting with you."

The sound of the cat seems to be whispering only to my ears. But his words made me think back a little.

The second prince want to meet with me? I wonder what he want. I guess, I should find out by myself.

"Tell him to come to my green house. After an hour from now on."

I whisper in a quiet voice, enough to be heard only by the cat.

Then, the cat nodded at me before disappearing into thin air. As the lingering scent of the forest completely faded away, I turn back from the window.

"Lily, I want to get some fresh air alone."

At my words, Lily's expression became bright and she exclaimed with a excited voice.

"I'll quickly change you into a light dress, Princess."

......................

I peacefully enjoy the quiet path toward the green house alone. As I entered through the back door, I didn't see any trace of a person arriving.

I seem to have arrived a bit early.

There is a table prepared with plates of desserts and cups of tea on it. The maids must've prepared, knowing I'm going to be here. I sat on the seat, leaned on the table and start reading the book which I took from my room.