twenty-six, back to square one

"nice try, bert, maybe next time you'll get her...or not." sensei lawrence encourages—sort of? bert had, unsurprisingly, lost to aisha. "hawk, l/n, you're up."

'dammit' y/n thought to herself, given the amount of absolute and utter rage she was feeling for hawk right now she wanted nothing more than to punch him square in the face. however, she was afraid once she started hitting him, she wouldn't stop.

"l/n, today not tomorrow!" sensei kreese called out, snapping her out of her thoughts. she gave the old man a dirty look of annoyance as she stepped towards the mat where hawk already stood.

"you got this, y/n! beat his ass!" tory called out, earning a scold from—you guessed it—kreese.

"face me, bow," y/n let's put a deep breath she hadn't realized she was holding as she bows at sensei lawrence. "face each other, bow." as they turn to face each other hawk's eyes look anywhere but at y/n.

"fight!" sensei commands, motioning his hand in between the teens. no one moves, the students in the dojo looking around in confusion. "okay...umm...fight!" sensei lawrence yells again.

once again the two students on the mat remain still, and sensei lawrence stands back with one of his hands on his nose bridge and the other on his hip while sensei kreese merely rolls his eyes.

"okay, so this isn't gonna work unless you guys, you know, beat the shit out of each other!" sensei lawrence explains. "now are you ready?"

"yes sensei!" both y/n and hawk yell back, "fight!"

this time y/n doesn't hesitate for a second, "hiyah!"instead she goes right in and roundhouse kicks hawk on the side of his stomach. "that's what i'm talking about, l/n!" sensei lawrence calls out with a clap.

the fight continues, y/n throwing kicks and punches and hawk ducking some of them. she lands a punch to his face, a sickly smile spreading across her features.

"hawk, concentrate!" kreese instructs from the corner where he stands, guess we all know who his money's on.

hawk closes his eyes for a split second, and it's as if something inside of him awoke. "hiyah!" he grabs a hold of the leg y/n has thrown up in the air, flipping it and her around and into the ground.

y/n is quick to grab his arms and switch their position with y/n now on top of hawk, her hands holding his to his chest.

"finish him." kreese instructs, making y/n do a double take. was he not just cheering for hawk? she turned to sensei lawrence who seemed to be debating whether or not she should do what kreese has said.

a sigh leaves his lips as he nods at the girl. y/n looks down at hawk, "bitch." she mumbles before landing one last punch to his face.

"way to go, l/n! guess we all know who'll be fighting on behalf of cobra kai in the next all valley!" kreese claps, walking over to hold y/n's arm in the air. he holds it up for a few seconds before she snatches it away and walks away towards the dressing room.

soon aisha and tory are in there as well, "guess we really showed these guys who's boss today, huh?" aisha smirks, referring to how all three girls won against the guys.

"oh, most definitely!" tory high fives her and they walk to their lockers to change.

once y/n finishes changing she walks over to the sinks to rinse the sweat off her face...and the blood, turns out hawk had throw one good punch her way.

her phone dings from on top of the window seal where she had placed it. she pats her face dry with paper towel before reading the text she was sent.

river
i'm outside of cobra kai

hurry pls i'm getting weird stares

y/n laughs under her breath at the text and then proceeds to walk over to the bench to grab her bag. "i'll see you guys later." she waves at the girls who wave back.

she walks outside the dojo, miguel and hawk standing outside against the wall; probably waiting for tory. "n/n, you with us today?" miguel asks cheerfully.

she takes a glance at hawk, "hell no. i mean i'd love to miggy, but i'm meeting someone."

"that someone?" tory asks, walking out the door with a hand on the backpack strap that hangs off her shoulder. she nods towards the person who stands across the parking lot against a car.

the boys turn to look, their eyes immediately widening. "y/n!" miguel screeches, "why are you meeting with him."

"because, we have a lot to talk about." y/n lies, practically mumbling the words. "i'll catch you later, tory. see ya, miggy." she doesn't say goodbye to hawk, purposely of course.

"let's get going." tory says as they watch the girl walking towards her ex. "hold up." hawk says before taking a jog forward and towards y/n.

"y/n," he grabs her upper arm in his hand, stopping her in her tracks. as soon as she hears the familiar voice she immediately snatches her arm away. "don't touch me."

"y/n, what are you do-"

"it's none of your business, moskowitz. leave me alone." she spat before walking off again.

she reached river, "uh, hey." she greeted awkwardly. "hi." he greets back, a shy smile on his face. "uh, we can take my car." he points and she nods.

he gets on the drivers side and as y/n as getting into his passenger seat she sees hawk watching her intensively. she sarcastically smiles at him, flipping him off before getting into the car and shutting the door.

the car drives off and a loud groan leaves hawk's mouth as he defeatedly walks towards tory and miguel.

"what's wrong?" tory asks while they all start piling inside her car.

"nothing." hawk mumbles in response, sitting in the backseat and staring out the window. he had no idea why had had chosen to act the way he did, maybe he couldn't accept the fact that what happened with y/n happened because they possible have feelings for each other.

"did something happen between you and y/n?" miguel questions, tory looking at hawk from the rearview mirror as she pulls out of the parking lot.

"what? no, nothing happened. why would you think that?" hawk chuckles suspiciously.

"i'm just wondering, i mean you two were getting along these past days and yesterday at the party. now it's like you guys are back to square one again, hating each other." miguel shrugs.

"it's not like we ever left square one." hawk mumbles more to himself than at miguel.

he sighs as he leans his head on the car window. he now thought about all the possible ways he could apologize to y/n for acting like asshole, or as she had called him: a bitch.

author's note
hey hotties<3

so i'm thinking of unpublishing this story, but only to edit it because i realized there's probably so many mistakes😩