Chapter 1: This Isn't Ghost Town!

"Ugh. Heavy feel funny."

The mighty Heavy Weapons Guy woke up, his head hurting like crazy. That might have been caused by the bright sunlight shining directly on his face.

As his vision cleared, he noticed his fellow mercenaries lying near him. They started waking up too.

"Ah! Me head!" Demo groaned. Looking around him, he muttered in surprise "Oy! What just happened?"

"Ach! I feel like a million deutschmarks." Perhaps Medic meant three cents, which would be more accurate to his current situation.

"Wot in tarnation...?" Engi_iq.exe has encountered a problem. Hopefully a practical problem, because that's what he solves best.

"Mmmmmmmph...mmph?" Poor Pyro. Never able to really talk because of his gas mask.

"Agghh, my head...this is not how a true American should feel!" Soldier, always trying to be "American".

"Ugh...kill...me..." Spy was not happy.

*Australian disapproval noises*

Then the mercenaries all realized that they were sitting on the surface of an ocean.

Most just scratched their heads in confusion while Medic muttered "Fascinating!"

"'Ey, doc! What happened?" Sniper asked.

"I...I don't know. All I last remember is a crocket zooming at me, then blackness."

"Men! These are the facts as I see them. One: We are NOT in Ghost Town anymore. Two: we are on the surface of what smells like the Spacific Ocean, and not sinking! Three: My head! Dismissed!" For once Soldier was correct in his assumptions.

Pyro was amazed to discover he could walk on the ocean, dancing and skating (The Skating Scorcher) and even riding his little motor-tricycle.

Demo was still too addled to really understand what was happening, so instead he pulled out a bottle of scrumpy from his infinite invisible stash to calm his senses and promptly began staggering around, babbling drunkenly and occasionally taking a swig from his bottle.

Engineer was stress-building a Dispenser, since it was his only source of metal that he knew of. A sped-up version of some sort of song could be faintly heard coming from the Dispenser.

All were alerted by the distant rumble of gunfire. Large caliber guns. Even Pyro instinctively looked in the direction it came from.

"Men! Stay here! I shall see what is causing that ruckus! It's been forever since I've been a roamer anyway!"

Laughing maniacally, Soldier equipped his Rocket Launcher, Gunboats, and Market Gardener, and blasted away, his laughter fading into the distance across the water.

Spy stood up and straightened out his suit before drawing his Revolver. "Well then...Gentlemen, shall we?" The others all nodded.

*********

Soldier found a scene which surprised even him. Girls wearing strange uniforms and carrying even stranger machines on their backs were having an all-out brawl. Apparently they were the source of the gunfire.

They were fighting a strange race of creatures with bodies that were very similar to humans. They had creepy machines which resembled black and yellow squid.

Quickly deciding on his first target, Soldier blasted himself into the air and readied his faithful Market Gardener, which began glowing and sparking blue as he flew.