Chapter 6: The Graham de Vanily Family, Rivalry, Her

Amelie and Emilie Graham de Vanily both twin sisters and princess of England, Amelie being the older twin took the role as Queen of England while Emilie married into the Agreste Family. Amelie did get married however the night she was supposed to give birth to their son someone has assassinated her husband causing her to take another role which was as a single mother.

Between royal duties and being a mother was the hardest part, Amelie was an outgoing person, she was friendly and lively, she likes to socialize with other, but due to her being Queen she couldn't do that as often as she used to. She tries to be as involved as she could in Felix's life as she could. What she noticed from her son from a young age was that he was a lot more mature than other kids, looking at this as a member of the royal family she was quite relieved but looking at this from a mother's perspective caused made her concerned. She was worried that Felix wouldn't be able to make friends the moment he reached the age of 13 she had sent him to the Winds Academy hoping that he would be able to make friends.

Winds Academy was a prestigious academy in England for the royals and nobles to learn about their duties when they take over their parents and learn how to protect themselves, even girls. There are still classes you would find in normal schools but in Winds there are classes that only those that are part of the aristocrats that normal people wouldn't get like self-defence which would normally include swordsmanship, hand to hand combat and how to handle other various weapons, magic for those who have mana, dance, politics and many more.

Felix being well Felix as expected excels in all. This is where the drama between the two cousins start, Adrien has always been in his cousin's shadow since he was a little boy no matter what it was, whether it was sword practice, magic, or just being able to grab the room's attention. Adrien also excels in many things but he was always second best to Felix and because his mother had passed giving birth to him no one could teach him magic properly.

Felix had the aura of a true leader he was confident and always held his head high, he stood for what was right and never made an exception for anyone friends or not. He never hesitates to do anything. Whereas Adrien was always making excuses for himself and the people around him, he was not shy, but he wasn't confident, he would always try to make everyone get along whether they want to or not thinking that if you're always positive then nothing could go wrong, thinking that taking the high road and staying in the background was better than causing a scene. In other words he was naïve and easy to manipulate.

This caused many people to compare the two praising one while the other was criticized. Every time whether Adrien was around Felix or not teacher, students and even his own father would compare the two. When he finally reached past the limit, he decided to move to another school out of the country to escape his problems. But that only made things worse, the more he ignored his problems the more people talk about it. Especially now since the Queen had announced that they would be candidates for the throne. Felix was worried that if Adrien were to take the throne people would try to manipulate him into doing their bidding so when a problem arises they would have no problem but to blame him.

Felix, now 18 and busy with his work when he got a call from his mother. He picked up his phone and put it in speaker.

"Hello?"

"Felix, how are you? I missed you" Amelie asked.

"I'm fine mother, how are you? Are you well?" He asked back.

Amelie pouted and whined, "Oh how I missed when you were still running around the palace all happy and cheerful, now my son's grown up and only to turn into a bore."

Felix sweat dropped and his eye twitched, "M-mother, I am not a bore I am just doing my responsibility as crown prince and soon to be king."

Amelie rolled her, "Yes, sweetie I know, but don't forget that Adrien is also a candidate for the throne." Felix raised an eyebrow and asked.

"Remind me why a coward like him is going for the throne?" Amelie sighed and answered.

"The council and I have agreed because he is my sister's son he is also apart of the royal family but the only reason he wasn't considered one was because he didn't take our last name and the Agreste instead but even so he is technically still part royal."

Felix leaned back on his chair and said, "And how will you finally decide?"

"The council and I will discuss and decide. Right now We're thinking things over, due to Adrien's recent scandal the council is split between you guys."

Felix groaned and said, "Mother you do realise that if Adrien becomes king the council will eat him alive, you do realize that right?"

"Yes, I do, since your uncle is part of the council, he's been trying to push the council to reconsider, in my opinion Adrien isn't fit to rule either. But if majority of us votes for Adrien then I would have no choice but hand over then throne to him."

Felix's eyes widened at this he sat up straight trying to process the new information.

"But mother! If Adrien becomes king England will fall!" He franticly explained.

"Yes, I know Felix." His mother replies tiredly. "We're going to have another meeting about this next month but enough about this there's another reason I called."

"And that is?"

"Did you get in contact with Princess Meiying yet?" Amelie asked in a cheerful voice. Felix rolled his eyes and groaned. He really didn't want to discuss this right now ever since the news of the Princess of China looking for a fiancé came out his mother nominated him as a candidate and has been pestering him to get in touch with her.

"No, mother not yet. And why should I the likely of me and her are 1 in 100."

"Have you ever seen a picture of her?" Amelie asked. Felix was trying so hard to hold down his temper.

"No, I have not." He answered. He really wished that this conversation would end right away but unfortunately, he had a feeling his mother wasn't going to let that happen anytime soon.

~ PING ~

"There I sent you a recent photo of the Princess." Felix gave a confused expression and asked, "And how did you get this? I thought the princess went into hiding for the past 2/3 years?"

"She did but her mother and I met at this one banquet, and he sort of hit it off and we kept in contact ever since and she gave me a picture of the princess. And trust me when I say she's beautiful I mean she's BEAUTIFUL. Very very very-"

"Alright alright I'll take a look but I'm still not sure what-" For the first time in his life he was speechless.

"Pretty right." His mother said.

Other than the fact she was drop dead gorgeous she seemed familiar to him, but he couldn't figure out why. He fought the blush that creeping on to his face and just said, "She's alright I guess."

Amelie scoffed at and said, "Honestly you my dear child have no taste. Anyways I will call you later I have more paperwork to deal with, bye sweetie take care."

"Goodbye mother." Felix replied.

Felix stared at Marinette's picture and for some reason he could get rid of the feeling that he had seen her somewhere before he just couldn't pinpoint when and where.

'Well, looks like I have some work to do.' He thought.