twenty-eight, "you broke miguel"

y/n reaches the outside of the mall and she takes a big deep breath of the fresh air outside. she continues breathing in and out calmly as she finds a seat on one of the many benches outside.

"pull yourself together." y/n hated to admit it, but she had trouble controlling her emotions when it came to something upsetting her. she threw her head back as she kept her even breaths going, tears pricking her eyes once again as the words river said replayed in her head.

"don't cry, don't cry." she sternly whispered to herself. looking back down she wiped the few tears away, rubbing her eyes and groaning. "okay, great." she said to herself, seeing she was finally calm.

she got up from the bench and began walking towards the nearest bus stop, since she had left her car parked outside the dojo.

"l/n!" she rolled her eyes at the sound of hawk calling out for her, but nonetheless stopped and turned around seeing as she had just spilled their secret.

"what?"

"why would you tell him that! now he knows, and miguel and tory know, and he'll probably tell other people!" hawk scolds, looking at the girl who's stood about three feet away from him.

"i quite frankly, don't care. i mean, you heard it yourself, i'm a whore!" she laughed, causing hawk's eyebrows to knit together.

"you're not a whore, and i don't know why you're laughing it's really not funny."

"no, no it is funny. because i'm not the one who cheated, he is, but i'm the whore. let's focus on the bigger problem here though, cause if he tells everyone what i just told him that would be really embarrassing for you huh?"

"y/n—"

y/n's head turns as she sees robby keene passing by with his skateboard, a hot topic bag in his hand. "oh my god, robby." he turns his head at the hearing of his name, "uh, hi?" he replies, as more of a question than a greeting.

she walks closer to him, placing her hand on his shoulder, "did you hear that hawk and i got down and dirty, if you know what i mean?"

hawk's eyes widen and she rushes over to grab the girl, pulling her by her waist away from the keene boy who seems traumatized by her words.

"sorry bro, she's- she's not feeling good. doesn't know what she's saying, you know?" hawk excuses, and robby nods his head awkwardly before scurrying away from the two.

"add that to the list of people who know." y/n laughs.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" hawk questions, turning her to face him. his hands are still on her waist as she looks up at him. "what is wrong with you? what's going on? i know i acted like a jerk this morning and i'm really, really sorry for that, but i need you to talk to me because you're acting weird...er than usual."

hawk seems genuinely concerned as he looks down at the girl. she pushes his hand away from her face and she moves out of his grip, "nothing is wrong with me."

as she begins walking away she is once again stopped, this time by tory and miguel who are speed walking up to their lying friends.

miguel grabs hawk's arm in a tight grip as he passes by him, dragging him along with them. when tory passes by y/n she does the same, "OW! hey, tory, stop!"

the couple drags both of them back to tory's car where they are thrown in the backseats. tory then gets into the drivers side and miguel in the passenger side.

"talk." tory demands, "now." miguel joins as they look back at y/n and hawk.

"well, i mean you already kinda heard everything so is there really much to say?" y/n questions, tilting her head.

"yes, there is much to say. cause the two of you have been keeping secrets and lying to us! to everyone!"

y/n and hawk's eyes roll back in unison at their over dramatic friends. "it's really not a big deal." hawk states blankly.

"yeah, just don't tell anyone else or who knows what hawk will do."

hawk's head snaps over to look at y/n who sits next to him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"what i'll do if people find out i fucked you? hmm, i don't know...probably KILL MYSELF!" hawk shrugs.

y/n laughs at his words, "it's about time!" she replies, slapping his shoulder. "guess we should start telling more people!"

"ha ha, you're so funny."

"i know i am." y/n shrugs, sitting back and getting comfortable in her seat.

"jesus christ," tory mumbles under her breath as she rubs her temples like a distressed mother.

"fuck you." hawk sighs, almost immediately regretting his choice of words.

"you already did."

"yeah, and you weren't even that good."

"hmm are you sure about that because you seemed to have thought a lot different when you were in my be—"

"WILL YOU TWO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP?!" everyone freezes, turning to look at miguel in surprise.

"great job, moskowitz, you broke miguel." y/n mumbled.

tory starts the car and she pulls out of the parking lot, "where are we going?" hawk asks, but gets no response.

y/n simply sighs, not even bothering to ask what they're up to. she stares out the window, her arms crossed across her chest.

once they arrive to their destination y/n sees the dojo. "why are we here?" again they don't respond.

they unbuckle their seatbelts and open the door for the two in the back, letting them out of the vehicle.

"we're gonna solve this, right now." tory states nonchalantly before turning around and following miguel into the dojo.

"okay, i don't see how the dojo will solve anything—unless you're gonna let me beat the shit out of moskowitz."

miguel shakes his head as they continue walking towards the back, "nope, go in," he instructs.

"what? why?" hawk questions, his eyes bouncing from miguel and tory to the empty locker room.

before anyone else can say anything tory and miguel have pushed them inside the room, closing the door behind them.

y/n is quick to turn around and pulled at the door but it was no use, they had locked it from the outside.

"tory! miguel! open the fucking door!"

"not until you guys solve your problems and sort out your feelings." tory calls back.

"we're gonna be stuck here for a while." miguel mumbles to her as they both take a seat outside the door.

author's note
y/n and hawk's relationship will happen soon i promise;)

also: i have published a miguel diaz x reader fanfic for anyone interested in reading it (it would be appreciated:))