Chapter 24: Hiking in the woods

Day 6
*Calm before a storm*

C H A P T E R   2 4 :  H I K I N G   I N   T H E   W O O D S :

"Psychological fact, being unable to get someone off your mind indicates that you are also in that person's mind as well."

                         ......................................................

I wake up to the sound of people shuffling around and the smell of freshly brewed coffee

I wake up to the sound of people shuffling around and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Why is everyone in my bedroom? And why the hell would they bring a coffee maker here?

I open my eyes as confusion fills my brain.

Looking around I see everyone basically running around. I notice that I'm on the couch. Aurora's asleep on the other side of the couch as memories of last night come flooding in.

In the living room

Me and Aurora basically watched movies and ate ice cream all night and crashed on the couch. Now it all makes sense.

"Oh she's alive!? Great. Now drink up and get ready!" Xavier says, handing me a cup of coffee.

"You're a lifesaver, you know that?" I mumble, getting up.

"I've been told." He grins before waking Aurora up and handing her a cup.

"Why is everyone running around?" I ask.

"Oh. Your parents are making all of us go hiking in the woods today. Since we're almost done with this trip and it's Christmas Eve tomorrow!" He says, excitedly.

"Hiking? These woods are so hard to hike in. There are so many stories of people dying there." Aurora informs.

"Bitch!? Now I'm even more paranoid." Lizzy panics.

"You'll be fine babe." Xavier assures, patting her back.

"So does that mean I can't wear my heels?" Alice asks.

"How does he deal with you?" Jordan mumbles.

"I heard that hoe."

"Good." He says, sarcastically.

"This should be fun, where's Jayden?" I ask, boldly.

"Oh. He had to go back to New York, something came up babe." Lizzy says, sympathetically.

"What?" I say, disappointment clear in my voice.

"I'm kidding hon, he's upstairs." Lizzy laughs.

I roll my eyes at their stupid pranks.

I need to stop making it obvious.

"Ah. And here I thought no woman could deal with my brother." Alice say sarcastically.