Ch 340: I Know Her Better Than Anyone

"This... There's no way..." Lin Ye whispered.

The sudden appearance of the monster pulling out an phone to dial a number aghast everyone. After all, from their previous experiences, parasitized creatures had no individual ability to think and act. They were solely instinct driven organisms.

But this specific parasite was performing such "human" actions. Was it possible that it was intelligent?

Of course, it was even more surprising to everyone when Lin Ye's mobile phone rang when the monster dials on its phone.

Everyone looked at Lin Ye in surprise, who was unsurprisingly pale at the unforeseen development present in front of him.

"D-Doctor Lin Ye... is it calling your phone?" Magallan stammered, "H-How could it know your phone number..."

At this point, Magallan suddenly grasped the truth behind the creature's actions, as her eyes widened in horrific realization.

Lin Ye slowly took out his mobile phone from his pocket. Everyone clearly saw the caller name displayed on the mobile phone.

Skadi!

"Why... How could that be Miss Skadi's mobile phone?!" Magellan shouted in surprise, "Where did it get it?"

"Why are you even asking that?" Skyfire's eyes narrowed "Isn't the answer already obvious?"

Lin Ye didn't know whether it was because of how frightened she was, but it was apparent that Magallan needed a few moments to piece all of the pieces together.

Magallan seemed to understand what was being implied, but clearly did not want to come to terms with the truth.

The same reactions could be said of Blue Poison who simply uttered in an almost impossible to hear tone

"... Impossible." Blue Poison looked at the monster in front of her and whispered "How could Miss Skadi be swallowed by this kind of thing? It's impossible."

Among those present, Blue Poison truly knew how strong Skadi was. She was the "The Strongest Abyssal Hunter". It was clearly not plausible that Skadi could be swallowed by such parasites in any possible way.

As Skyfire didn't truly understand Skadi's strength as she wasn't part of Rhodes Island, she could only make an objective judgment.

"Although I don't know how powerful the legendary Abyssal Hunter is, I also remember you saying that she's not very good at dealing with attacks like mental spells, right?"

Blue Poison turned her head and looked towards Skyfire.

Skyfire then slowly said "And from what we know so far, the strongest attack method that Deep-sea has at its disposal is mind control, specifically hypnosis. With this method, it quietly hunted all the residents of Harlan town at night, and right under our noses at that. It also hypnotized the soldiers of Ursus and the group of Lungmen Guards. They were not ordinary people and it even managed to affect me. If it weren't for Dr. Lin Ye having his sword with him, I would be in the same place as that thing."

Everyone understood what she was trying to say. If it was able to hypnotize someone weak willed, this kind of weak parasite could easily swallow more powerful prey.

After all, a living example was right in front of him. The leader of the Ursus team SilverSword, was an experienced and powerful soldier, but if there was no news, he was obviously hypnotized, and they don't even know if he is alive or not.

Skadi's strength was certainly powerful and she may have been much stronger than SilverSword, but if she was not good at dealing with attacks of that kind, then no matter how powerful she was, she would be useless in that situation.