Chapter 16!

This one's fairly long! Sorry I haven't been consistantly updating! I still love you all *and this story* very much! Thank you for sticking with me for so long! -SNE

---Tim’s POV---

I sat at my desk in my room upstairs. My room… still getting used to saying that. Wayne manor was pretty big, way bigger than Bruce needed, and somehow Alfred was always running around. I looked back down at my math homework and sighed. When in my life will I ever need to know what a discriminate is and how it fits into a quadratic equation? I started solving my last problem of the night when the front door opened.

“Anyone home?” A male voice called out, one I wasn’t too fond of. I rolled my eyes before yelling back.

“Bruce is out tonight Richard!” I tried my hardest to ignore his footsteps on the stairwell and focus on what four times a and b were.

“And just what are you doing?” He frowned-slash-glared at me from the doorway. He was in dark washed jeans and a black button down, trying to look nice for something.

“Math.” I answered shortly, looking back down at my paper.

“I meant what are you doing in here.” He didn’t sound any happier.

“It’s my room now.” I muttered to him. Four times nine was thirty-six, times another nine was…

“I cannot believe him.” Richard muttered under his breath. I slammed my fist down and glared at him.

“What? That he took in someone new to help him? That he ‘replaced’ you?” I yelled at him, tired of his attitude. Ever since I got here, he’d been nothing but hostile toward me. To be fair, I hadn’t really given him a chance either, but I shouldn’t be the only one trying to make nice. Richard dropped a bag I hadn’t seen earlier and approached me.

“Bruce can do what he wants to, he’s a grown man.” He growled at me, getting in my face. “But that doesn’t mean there aren’t any repercussions for it.” Richard’s dark eyes lightened up a bit as he straightened himself out, taking a deep breath. “And although it did bother me for a while, you being the new Robin does not bother me now. What bothers me is how quickly he can move on.”

“From you, or Jason Todd?” I pushed a little further than I meant to, but it just popped out.

“From Kat. You’re in her room.” He sighed, looking at the walls before walking out. The girl with the brown hair, this was her room? I looked around again and tried to imagine her listening to music and doing homework where I sit now.

Bruce never really explained anything to me, but I did a little digging on my own. She was his Goddaughter and her parents died in a fire that was started by Hush. She came to live here and a couple years ago got mixed in with the rouges somehow. Bruce kept her files under lock and key; more so than any of the other villains in Gotham. Not that Katrina was a villain. At least, he hopes not.

She’d been gone for just over two months and at first Richard and Bruce were extremely worried, searching for her everywhere. That’s actually how Richard found out about me being Robin. It’s like an ex-wife; they never like the new one. They both cared for her though, that was obvious. After three weeks Bruce went back to chasing everyone into Arkham, upsetting Richard to no end. Although I didn’t know her personally, the two times I did see her she seemed nice, but lost and hurt; and nothing good comes from that combination.

--- Richard’s POV---

I walked out of Wayne Manor fuming. I do understand that Bruce is free to do as he pleases, but it still aggravates me. Letting Tim have her room, as if she’s never coming back home. I jogged down the steps and quickly jumped on my bike, starting her up and pulling out of the gates. It took him forever to move on after Jason died, but the minute he thinks Kat is gone he replaces her? She was never a Robin, but she was family.