chapter fifty-eight

season two ; episode five { The Darkest Hour }
chapter fifty-eight

BROOKLYN HAD ANGER ISSUES, SHE HAD ANGER ISSUES FROM A YOUNG AGE but as she matured and got older, she managed to maintain her anger and stop herself from getting angry

BROOKLYN HAD ANGER ISSUES, SHE HAD ANGER ISSUES FROM A YOUNG AGE but as she matured and got older, she managed to maintain her anger and stop herself from getting angry. When she did get infuriated or enraged, she would turn into another person, a person nobody wants to be involved with.

She could see this court hearing going two different ways. One way would be that the cops had actually done their job and had found out that it was actually Rafe Cameron who killed Peterkin and it was Ward Cameron who killed her father and who has been helping his son get away with this. Another way she could see this going was that John B would be sent away for life and Brooklyn would be screaming, panicking and wishing everyone dead. She could see herself calling out Ward and Rafe right there on the spot, she could see herself going in for a punch and not caring that she could end up in a jail cell.

For the court hearing, she was sat at the furthest end so if all went wrong she could get out quickly. She was sat besides JJ, his hand resting on her thigh while he leg bounced up and down due to the anxiety she was feeling today.

The judge struck the gavel and began to speak, "John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section fourteen, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."

Death penalty... Did she just say death penalty?

Brooklyn was probably the first to her feet, she stepped away from her friends and was trying to make her way down to the front. "Your Honour, he's seventeen years old. He didn't do anything! He's seventeen! Are you kidding me?"

Pope was pulling Brooklyn back by her arm and telling her, "Stop. You're good. Come on."

John B looked back at his sister who was trying her hardest not to cause a scene but it was sort of difficult when he might get killed for a crime he didn't even commit. "Hey, JB, we're gonna figure this out."

"John B! John B." John B turned sadly to his girlfriend who was close to tears.

The cop was pushing Sarah back. "Don't touch her." Kiara wrapped her arm around Sarah's and she pulled her away. There wasn't much anyone could do now other than to leave and figure out a way to clear his name.

She freed her arm from Pope's once she was brought outside. Her head hung low and her nails started to dig so far into her palms that she could feel the blood seeping out. She didn't want to panic, she was counting in her head to calm herself down but nothing seemed to be working. Brooklyn could see that everyone was angry, that everyone wasn't feeling great after that and of course, Brooklyn wasn't happen but she knew it. She knew it was going to go the one way she hated. The one way everyone hated.

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell or...?"

"I should have never come home."

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." Brooklyn winced upon hearing JJ's words.