ℕ𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕘𝕚𝕒 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20

(Y/N)'s POV

"I'm *tic* 'Jordan's' boyfriend, Toby,"

His raspy statement almost pummeled my being to the floor, challenging my will and testing how far I was amusing this little masquerade. Reading his entertained tone, it ridiculed me with mockery and entertainment. Scorning my pathetic desire to taste normalcy, and mocking the display of expression that lingered on my features. Such a circumstance was one to plunge embarrassment into one's fibre, however I remained nonchalant- if anything irritated. Even if I were to attempt to understand the males presence here, he would hide behind contemptuous words and behaviours.
There was no point asking, especially when I knew the answer.

"Ah.. oh, I didn't realize you had a boyfriend!" I noticed a small twist in the girl's physiognomy. Excitement was laced with venomous jealousy and her body slumped ever so slightly. Her breathing shallowed and I could partially feel her heart dancing at an extraordinary pace. She attempted to swallow a frown and moulded it with a smile.
"How did you two meet?" Her words were forced, drenched with sadness. I wasn't even the reason this went south. If Toby allowed me to work out my own affairs, maybe I would consider liking him more.
Toby really just ruins everything for me.
In return, I wanted to ruin him.

"Gr-great question!" His voice carried sweetly through the air, yet I could hear the sinister intent behind it. Although, this harmful intent wasn't directed towards myself. Half of Toby's face was concealed by the thin fabric, however his eyes sang words of danger. It was his time to play make-belief, and once it started, there was no end.
"I've li-liked them since *tic* elementary sch-school, but we sta-started da-dating in highschool. I co-couldn't be... happier" His sickly sweet, delicate words drilled into my mind. They acted as an endless ringing, powerfully remaining in my mind.
Whatever he was doing, I wanted it to stop.
However, my entity was overwhelmed by bitter sweet memories of my younger years. I remembered a unique boy being teased endlessly in elementary school.
Toby.
I was recalling a small brunette boy named Toby. A boy I only helped once, however he disappeared before I could get to know him better. Was this another one of his 'hilarious' cover ups? What an ass.

After becoming a proxy amnesia was struck. Recalling faint memories proved a task and they were all blurred or hosted black figures in substitute as people. It was a miracle I could remember so long ago.

His false words hadn't penetrated the tan girl's attention, they built up and left her snoring. After the brunette's unexpected arrival, her consciousness was slowly fading away from the diner. I could tell she was trapped in her thoughts.

"Well that's nice," she muttered blankly, a napkin entertaining her attention more than the conversation. There was a drastic twist in her personality, she didn't give off a fake vibe when I first spontaneously bumped into her. Now her demeanor was uninterested and an uneasiness came from the girl. Her gaze would snap back towards Toby ever so often, like she was expecting him to lunge at her.

I was forced from my thoughts as reality placed a delightful smelling tray in front of me. My eyes picked out all the details, already feasting on the memory ridden delight. Something about this simple plate sparked a joy in me, even if the person I was meant to be sharing it with was dulled. As I gracefully grabbed my utensil to start digging in, a dispassionate voice broke through the moment. My eyes were ripped off of the plate and to the petite girl sitting across from me.

"I'll take mine to go," she smiled slightly towards the waiter, resulting in my expression twisting. I thought the tension would slowly ease once the food had arrived, nonetheless, it acted as an escape route for Charlotte. Slowly the kind waiter seized the girl's plate, and waltzed off to the kitchen.