Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

revenge

noun ~ the action of hurting or harming someone in return for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands

TW: blood, gore

My pack bombarded the clearing, tearing into any enemy they could. Snarls and snapping of teeth filled the once silent air.

I turned to face Raven who was still curled up on the ground, her hair cascading down her face. I crouched down and slowly placed my hand on her shoulder. She jerked and darted her eyes up to me so I gave her a gentle smile.

"We need to get you out of here Raven," I shouted through the chaos.

She swallowed, her eyes darting around before she nodded. I held out my good hand, despite it being covered in blood and she took it with no hesitance. A small whimper escaped her lips as she stood and I noticed she was refraining from putting weight on one leg.

I staggered a little when she let go, my hand going back to clutch at the blood soaking my bare skin. She pushed her hair from her face and glanced around at the fighting wolves before his gaze landed back on me. Her eyes widened at the sight of my blood and she staggered forwards.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I winced.

"He hurt you." She shook her head. "Let me help you."

I swallowed and glanced around nervously as my eyes found the dark fur of my mate. "We need to move from the middle of the battlefield. He will hurt both of us no matter what."

She frowned but nodded and turned to scout the area the same way I did. "Back to the cages, they're large enough to protect us for the meanwhile."

I eyed them suspiciously when I noticed Steven had disappeared from atop of one. Together we made our way over to them, narrowing avoiding teeth and claws. I ended up having to kick out a few snouts and tears as they charged at us. Thankfully a pack member distracted the enemy away from me and we gradually made our way to safety.

Raven sat on top of one of the cages, taking the weight from her leg. I frowned in envy, knowing how deadly the silver is for my touch. I looked around remembering my bag and found it lay a few cages away.

I gently walked my way over and sighed in relief when I grabbed it. I pulled out a dress and slipped it over my body with a small cry of pain. Damn Lycan blood, let me heal!

Cel whimpered in my head. 'I'm sorry Nova.'

Oh no, Celimene! I didn't mean you-I-just-

I was startled when hands grasped at my shoulders, a louder cry falling from my mouth when my injury was jostled. I span around in the grip as best I can to land an elbow on their gut.

The familiar sound of Steven sounded in my ears as he grunted and I wasted no time in bringing my foot up to his knee when I managed to spin around. He cursed at me and just as I faced him, his large hand darted out to dig into my shoulder.

"No!" I gasped in pain.

He smirked at me, shaking my body so that I shrieked a cry. My bloodied hand pried at his hand but his other came to grab at my own and with a quick jolt he snapped two of my fingers. I screamed as the searing hot pain ran through my hand, and he took his opportunity to yank me closer, his claws extending on my throat to force my submission.

"Come face me!" He snapped, dragging me back towards the centre of the battlefield. "I have the Lycan, come and get her!"

He still thought I was a prize, not a person. How stupid could he be?