38

Maya's POV

I didn't feel nervous at all at this party even though people were mainly all half naked and eating and drinking stuff on top of one another. I let myself relax and Josh as right by myself, like he'd ever let anything and happen to me.

"It stinks of weed and sweat." I heard him say in my ear.

"Let's go get a drink, you look like you could loosen up." I turned to say into his ear, gently biting it when I pulled away making his eyes widen.

"What do you want?"

"Shots! Shots! Shots!" People started changing from the kitchen. I smirked and took Josh's hand in mine and led him through to the kitchen.

"Here." I passed him one and we linked our arms and took them.

"You're hot." He whispered in my ear.

"You're hot." I mirrored. "Let's get drunk." I said taking 2 more shots.

"Or we could go dance?" He took my hands and guided me to the dance floor.

________

We had been dancing for at least a couple of hours and each hour my stomach started to get more and more painful until eventually I could barely stand and felt myself bend over and fall into Josh.

"I've got you." He said, "baby, let's go back to my room." I nodded and he picked me up.

Josh's POV

"Here you go." I said gently as I layed her down on my bed and she folded herself into a ball.

"My head." She mumbled.

"Here baby." I passed her some pain killers and ice water which she gladly took from my hand. "Good girl." She blushed and bit her lip. I then realised my girlfriend might have a weird thing for being praised like that which made me smirk. "I think you should get some sleep." I kneeled down and stroked her hair and she nodded. I gently pressed my lips to her head as she drifted off to sleep.

I pulled the blanket over her and just stood and smiled at her sleeping, but that was cut short by the sound of Maya's phone going off. I didn't want to snoop on her phone but I did check to make sure it wasn't one of her parents worrying about her. But it wasn't them.

I furrowed my eyebrows at a text from an unknown number appeared. I opened her phone and went on the chat thread and my eyes widened. It was full of bullying messages, but the one that got to me was the one that was sent the night before we slept together; it was implying that sex was all I wanted from her then I'd dump her.

Whoever this was clearly knew Maya and knew her situation with me, but the thing was that not many people did know. It wouldn't be Riley, Farkle, Drew or Izzy so I was confused.

I put her phone back on the unit and climbed behind her and spooned her. I relaxed more when I felt her lean back into my arms and let me hold her as she slept.

I wasn't angry at Maya. I could never be. I was angry she was going through this and it broke my heart to know she was going through it alone.

I planted a lot of kisses on her head and shoulder and pulled her closer and finally allowed myself to fall asleep.