SEVENTEEN

I'm Rafe

Eventually after what feels like ten years of Pope and JJ bickering between themselves. We finally arrive at the beach Kie hops out of the passenger seat and slides open the door letting me and Pope out.

JJ hands me and Pope one surfboard at a time to pass them to their rightful owners. I lean JJs' against the Twinkie ready for him to pick up once he slides the door shut.

Kiara and John B are already ahead of us running along the sand and into the water. "Hey wait up!" Pope yells and me JJ and Pope set off running towards the sea.

We paddle out to meet Kie and John B and just sit on our boards waiting for waves for us to surf. I decide to lay down on my board using my elbows to prop myself up.

"How long do you think we'll have to wait?" John B asks revering to the waves, I kneel on my board so I can look over Popes head and see a wave begging to form. "Not very long" I answer and point to the wave behind Popes head.

We all paddle towards the wave and turn as it rises beneath us taking all of five of us with it. I've heard JJ claim multiple time he's 'the best surfer in the OBX' I guess now I'll get to see it for myself.

The title he has given himself is close to the truth and I'm sure he was the best in OBX. When I wasn't here but things change.

After around half an hour of none stop surfing me and Kie decide to go and sit on the beach to watch the sunset. "Well that was fun" Kie laughs whilst trying to catch her breath.

"Sure was" I smile as we sit down on our boards cross legged and look out to sea seeing the boys surfing under the sunset.

We sit in silence until we hear the sound of a dirt bike approaching I turn round and see a tall blonde boy who looks well dressed.

Meaning he is a Kook much like myself.

He walks towards me and Kiara and she stands up with a annoyed yet disgusted look on her face. I guess she doesn't like him.

The blonde stands a few meters away from us and looks between us for a second until is eyes land on me.

"What the hell do you want Rafe?" Kiara brakes the silence the boy ignores her, which I can only guess annoys her more.

"Jessica right?" he asks folding his arms over his torso I nod answering his question.

"I'm Rafe, Sarah's brother she wanted to know if you'd come over for dinner tomorrow at our place" Rafe tells me .

I take a second to think then I feel a hand rest on my shoulder I flinch at the touch and look to my left and see John B stood tall.

Wearing the same expression as Kiara.

"What you doing here Rafe?" John B asks making the blonde in question take a step towards John B.

"I don't think I was talking to you Pogue" Rafe smiles and lets his hands fall to his sides.

I see John B tense at the fact that Rafe called him a Pogue as an insult.

I switch my attention to the sound of water splashing behind us.

I see JJ and Pope running up to us dropping their boards onto the wet sand.

"I think it's time for you to go back to figure eight Kook" JJ taunts Rafe shakes his head he looks as if he can't be bothered he walks back to his dirt bike.

Then flips us off before he rides off, making me and Kie both roll our eyes.

"What did he want anyway?" JJ asks whilst picking his surfboard handing Pope his. "He told me Sarah asked if I wanted to go to dinner at their house tomorrow" I shrug and Pope and JJ burst out in laughter.

"What's so funny?" I question as I pickup my surfboard. "You didn't say you would, did you?" Pope asks as he and JJ come down from their moment of laughter.

"Well I didn't get chance to answer" I tell them as we walk back to the van. "What was you gunna say?" JJ asks as he walks beside me,

"I don't know I mean it would be nice I mean I haven't had a proper meal in a while so it would be nice" I admit as we get in the back of the Twinkie.

Would they all still want me to hang around with them if I went to the Cameron's? Why don't they like them, is it because they're Kooks?

We all lay our boards down in the middle of the seats "I still don't get how you can put up with Sarah, she's so annoying it hurts" Kie dramatically complains.

"She seems nice but it's not like I'm trying to be her best friend or anything" I say as John B drives back to the chateau.

"Fair enough, just don't go full Kook on us" John B chimes in as we drive down my street.

"John B could you drop me off at mine so I can grab a few things? I'll drive over to the chateau in a bit" I ask and soon enough we make a stop in front of my house.

I grab my vape and shorts I'd taken off on the way to the beach. I slide the door open and get out then watch as the drive off.

Lucy's' car isn't in the drive way my Jeep is the only car to be seen.

I take a hit of my vape and walk up to the large front door of the house I only know to be filled of painful memories. Well except the movie night and when we were decorating.

Basically anytime my aunt wasn't around me was nice.

I take the key from under the plant pot and open the door to a dark silent house. This would be perfect if I was in a horror movie.