CHAPTER 10

Riki was aware that they were going to stroll down the park. That's why he wasn't surprised at all when they just walked around the park while sharing some random stories about things in life

They'd stop on a certain bench to rest before continuing on walking around the park again. They would laugh if there's a funny part and mostly agree to things that's relatable to them.

But what amuses Riki the most, is the pouting spirit who's following them with head hung low. He would hear her whine and complain which makes the ravenette chuckle and earning confused looks from his friends which he'd just tell them that he remembered something funny and change the topic immediately.

It was around five in the afternoon when they called it a day. Heeseung, of course, offers the youngest a ride home but he immediately declined it, telling the older that he wanted to walk.

The said man was hesitant at first but let Riki be as he drove off with Jake while Sunoo heading back to his cafe which is not that far from the park.

Truth is, Riki didn't want to go home yet. He wanted to watch the sunset. It's been a while since he watched it. It was when his parents are still alive and it's been a while now.

So with the help of Google map, Riki found himself standing on a beach where it has a perfect view of the sun, setting.

The ravenette walked towards in front of the big rock which looked like a dried coral reef and leaned his back against it, eyes watching the beautiful view in front of him.

"It's beautiful, isn't? "

Riki blinked then looked beside him where the spirit is sitting on top of the rock. He totally forgot that he's with a ghost since Amber was so oddly quiet the entire time.

That's not a good bye, right? She's referring to the actual sunset, right?

The ravenette hummed, bringing back his gaze ahead of him. "It is. " He says followed by a sigh. "Too bad it only lasts for a short time. "

Silence followed after that as both of them silently watched the sunset. It was a comfortable silent, not an awkward one or with tension. It's actually reassuring which Riki is grateful for.

The silence lasts till the sun finally sets as darkness slowly engulfed the surroundings.

Riki buried his hands in his pockets as he informed the spirit about going home.

"Are you tired? " Amber asks after a while walking down the road.

"A bit. " The man answered, burying his hands deeper as the cold breeze passed him whilst he looks at you. "What about you? "

Amber smiled faintly. "I'm a spirit, I don't get tired. I don't even breathe. "

Riki let out an 'oh' sound at the information. "But you do look like alive, you know? "

The spirit giggled. "I know, I'm too beautiful and pretty to be a spirit. "

The ravenette smiled. "I don't actually believe in such thing, like ghosts, monsters or whatever until I met you. "

"That's why you thought I was a trespasser? "

Riki ran his fingers through his hair, pushing his bangs away as he looked on the other side, cheeks turning into a shade of pink. "It was a mistake, besides you don't looked like a mere spirit. I thought you're still alive and you just broke into my room. "

He bit his lip when he noticed a couple sitting down on a bench while looking at him weirdly. And it seems like the spirit noticed them too as she frowned then laughed.

"They'll start to think you're crazy, Rikipoop. " she says followed by a laugh.

The man pursed his lips, wanting to utter a reply but he smiled instead to the couple and started singing, just to avoid embarrassment. And of course, for the couple to think that he's singing and not talking to someone invisible.

But with that action, Amber's laugh gets louder all the while wiping her nonexistent tears.

When they passed by the couple, the ravenette frowned. "Can you not? " He mumbled.

"Sorry sorry, it's just that, it's so funny. " she reasoned. "But seriously, I never thought you have a good voice, mister. "

"Of course my voice is good. " He muttered, lips barely moving as they're now walking in a crowded place.

Really, what's the use of the rule they created when the spirit would always distract him on his job, talk to him and mess with him in public places-really, what's the point of those rules?

"I'd like to hear you sing something for me one day. " Amber spoke when they're on a secluded area, near their house.

"Yeah sure, I'll sing for you the day before you'll be gone. " The other replied nonchalantly earning a slap on his shoulder from the spirit.

"That's unfair. You know I can't leave even if I wanted to. It might take forever. " she pouted but Riki just shrugged his shoulder.

"It might take forever then. " He answered as the two of you stopped in front of the house and walked inside.

"You're really unfair Rikipoop. "

Riki just chuckled then wink at her before going inside of his room, leaving the spirit outside of his door.

-------

Thank you for reading!