FIFTY NINE

WOOGITY

River laid her head on Silas' lap as they waited for Pope to go inside The Wreck to get JJ and Kie. River had confided in Silas and told him how much she missed JJ and her friends, so he was going to do everything in his power to make them close again.

JJ clenched his jaw once he saw the dark haired boy sat with River, his fingers were combing through her blonde hair. He turned to Pope with questioning eyes, but before he could ask him anything, Pope shoved him forward.

"What's going on?" Kie questioned, she was just as confused as JJ.

"I told Silas about John B and Sarah." River sat up, she was prepared to take whatever anger and disappointment was thrown her way.

Pope took a small step closer to River as he noticed the way that Kie began to glare at him. He could tell that the girl wanted to say something, but the second he stepped in front, she stayed quiet and just turned to look at JJ instead.

Silas nodded towards JJ, making JJ nod back in approval. He liked Silas, he was a good guy. He'd never done anything to upset or hurt him, or River for that matter.

"Sorry about punching you, man." JJ placed his hand out for Silas to shake, which he instantly did. "Healed nicely."

Hesitantly, JJ took a seat beside River. He pretended to yawn and rested his arm around the back of where she was sat. He noticed the way she lowered her head to hide her blush, causing a smirk to form on his face.

"So, we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ questioned almost cockily.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope shook his head, even if River's grandpa was willing enough to buy them all a plane ticket to the Bahamas, then what? How would they clear John B's name?

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday." Kie pointed out, his eyes flickering down to JJ and River.

River had subconsciously moved closer to Silas, she knew things with JJ and her were still tense. And as much as she wanted to be close with him, her mind was set on helping John B and Sarah.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ spoke up, standing up and moving to pace in front of everyone.

"So you have it all planned out?" Pope questioned, his brows furrowing, wondering what amazing plan JJ has come up with.

"As a matter of fact, I do." He paused, taking a seat beside Silas. "We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry, what?" River questioned as she scrunched up her nose and shook her head at the idea. It was stupid. Ward would instantly notice that his son would be missing, plus kidnapping is a crime. So like John B, they'd be fugitives too.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking." JJ smirked at his own plan, making finger guns as he did so.

"I like it." Silas nodded in agreement, throwing his arm over JJ's shoulder.

Everyone fell silent for a moment. Pope and Kie were just in shock that River had managed to attract two boys that were basically identical in their stupidity and River was in shock that both boys would think that the plan would work as well as the fact that Silas had just acted as if he and JJ had been friends for years.

"You know, tortures a war crime." Kie pointed out.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Pope asked, looking down at the two boys. "Because that's a felony."

"Alright, we'll what do you got, Pope?" JJ shrugged. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop and we're done."

Silas allowed his arm to fall from JJ's shoulders as he noticed the looks that Kie was giving him. It certainly made him uncomfortable but he just pushed it to one side, for now.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness. We saw Wards plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it." Pope announced, looking towards the four.

"Gold?" Silas whispered to River, making the girls eyes widened in realisation. He had no idea about the gold. Just that John B was accused of killing Peterkin.

"I'll tell you later." River patted the boys chest, with a smile, trying to reassure him that everything was okay.

"He didn't fly it." Pope continued. "If somebody else flew it, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

River took a quick glance at JJ, who had removed his hat and used his fingers to push his hair back. The girl smiled at the memory of how soft his hair was and the fact that he used to let her plait it.

"How do we do that?" Questioned Kie.

"A little light espionage." Pope shrugged.

"A little ghost recon." JJ placed his hat back on and shuffled closer to the group.

"Woogity-woogity?" River questioned, her smile lighting up her whole face. She'd missed being with her friends, her family. These people were the ones that helped her through some of her hardest times in life.

"Woogity, baby." JJ nodded a smile stretching from ear to ear. He was glad that she was back in their group, even if she did bring Silas with them.

Even though it was him shutting her out for the past few weeks, he'd missed her. He just wanted her back in his life. In his arms. He just wanted her to be his again, but he knew that with Silas in the picture now, that would be harder.