31. Day Thirty Five of Learning

The make-shift altar on the green is made of strings of flowers and lights interwoven with soft, green leaves, giving an illusion of a natural altar that Rosalie had just happened to come across on her jaunts through the woods one day

The bridal retinue – Isa, Scarlett and Julie's sister, Ana – glows in the mid-morning sun in their indicolite blue clothing.

The aisle, which is a long stretch of white cobblestones laid together, is littered with cornflowers and periwinkles.

At one end of the aisle, near the altar, Juliet stands, wearing a light, chiffon gown in pearly white with an asymmetrical skirt, clutching her bouquet of flowers, sprinkled with blue, and beaming. It's quite obvious that she can't see anyone else in the world.

At the other end of the aisle, at the foot of the stairs that lead to the reception hall, stands Ray. She wears a strapless white dress, with a fitted bodice and flamenco-style skirt, dotted with light blue and silver beading along the edges.

holding a bouquet of balloons, secured to her hand, in white, silver and blue. Her other than is gripping her brother's arm, as he smiles at the crowd.

Ray can only see Juliet.

There's a smattering of laughs as the crowd sees Ray's flower bouquet.

Elliot leans over and whispers something to Ray.

She nudges him with her shoulder and they begin to walk down the aisle.

I raise my hand to my mouth.

A tissue materializes before me.

I turn and see Aiden, who is sitting behind me, offering me a tissue. "Rosalie said that I'm not allowed to let your mascara run. I think she wanted me to surrender my handkerchief. Scarlett gave me a pack of tissues."

I laugh and take it from him and wipe the corner of my eye.

Elliot says something to Ray from time to time, their whole way down the aisle, she responds with a similar whisper, a nod, or a sniffle.

Aiden and I are seated in the second row, right behind Ray's Mom.

When Ray and Elliot reach the front, her Mom stands and gives Ray a big hug.

Elliot hands Ray over to Juliet, shakes Juliet's Dad's hand and takes a seat next to his mother.

Aiden reaches forward and squeezes Elliot's arm.

He turns in his seat and look at both of us.

He nods.

He smiles.

His eyes are brimming with tears.

I smile back at him.

He turns to look at his sister.