27. drift apart

a foreboding,

as absurd as it is, taehyung feels like something is about to go wrong soon.

its like an insistent itch, a constant worry within him that taehyung cant seem to ignore.

he feels like even the nature is trying to warn him,

through the gentle whisperings of young leaves in the breeze, through the gloomy cloudiness that pertains, by the lightning that paints the sky sharp at the nights,

it all muddles taehyung.

even as discreetly as taehyung tried to make a small nest on jungkooks bed, the alpha does notices it,

"you know, you can talk to me about anything" the alpha said seeing the restlessness in the omega.

"its nothing, alpha. just a headache" the omega lies over a smile as he burries himself in the nest. thats his usual answer to anyone who worries over him these days.

and hanjae is annoying as always- asking taehyung to run away with him, irritating taehyung as ever.

at one time taehyung considered talking about hanjae to jungkook, but deemed it not right because the last thing he wants is to be the cause of a quarrel in this peaceful village.

and on one of the nights his heart felt too heavy, taehyung had asked to jungkook over teary eyes to make love with him- to love him and make him forget.

he could see the concern in jungkooks eyes, nevertheless the alpha didn't jab on it- instead held taehyung like he is the most precious thing in the world and loved him.

by the next morning, it was lightly drizzling on the village grounds- taehyung, seokjin and hana trekking down to stock up some herbs and fruits before the heavy rain hits.

considering seokjin couldn't move around much or bend with his bump, the omega pointed out all the right herbs while taehyung and sana ran around and plucked it.

while taehyung was plucking some rosemary a bit far on one of the rocky areas, he felt that scent again that made him wriggle his nose.

"taehyung, i need to talk to you" it was hanjae, the alpha looming behind him insistent.

"i'm not interested in hearing anything from you" taehyung didn't hide the anger in his voice and hanjae's eyes visibly twitched.

"its important-- will only take a minute" hanjae had said through gritted teeth.

taehyung narrowed his eyes, atlast placing his basket down, deciding to hear whatever it is, so the alpha will be off his hair.

hanjae walked towards the side of the clearing from where he can see the village grounds- taehyung just peaking to see seokjin and hana still plucking herbs by the cliff.

"what is it?" taehyung asked annoyed, for he can see the clouds getting darker and he had a job to do before it starts raining.

"you're coming with me to ulsan-" hanjae nearly growled out.

"i'm not having this talk with you again" taehyung stomped, seriously annoyed, about to turn around and leave.

"either you come with me-- or you'll be the reason for the death of that pregnant omega--- and all the people in this village, including jungkook" hanjae's voice was a triumph laugh and taehyung stopped in his tracks.

"w-what are you--?" taehyung had confusion all over his face.

hanjae inclined his head towards the cliff and taehyung followed his vision to see seokjin placing the herbs into the basket. but hana, she was looking right at them- none of that sweet girl he knows on her posture.