Chapter 43 - Don't Trust Beauties, Even if They're Dead

Yi Ran readjusted the jade bracelet, which strung around her wrist.

She leaned against the front gate, with a solemn and uninterested expression etched across her face. Guarding behind the front gate were an army of villagers—villager ghosts. These ghosts were the deceased original villagers, who died in the fire that she set.

Yi Ran calculated many things in her mind.

She could destroy them if she'd like to. With one snap, she could light them all on fire. However... what if Ah-Sha was in that crowd as well?

Therefore, Yi Ran could not destroy them. She could not set things on fire, though her impulse was growing stronger.

"Let way! Let way!" A sudden roar arose.

Yi Ran was surprised. What kind of scheme are the villagers doing?

It was then, her pupils widened and shuddered. Her heart began to beat erratically, as if something tripped the rhythm of her breathing. "That's..."

In the distance was a familiar figure. It had the same stature of the young man Yi Ran used to carry on her back... until it dried into a corpse. The familiar figure was draped in a heavy cloak, not allowing the young woman to see his face. Yet, Yi Ran could still recognize him.

Ah-Sha... She gullibly skipped over.

However, the villager ghosts were blocking her way. A thin line separated them. The villager ghosts knew that the only reason they managed to live so far was because of Yi Ran's search for Ping Sha. She didn't dare to set the village on fire, in case if Ping Sha gets incinerated as well.

"Move." Yi Ran deadpanned.

The villager ghosts didn't move. They stood there motionlessly, acting as a wall to separate Yi Ran from the one she wished to meet.

"Don't rush! Take your time!" Wei Wuxian hollered. He was the one to escort the "Ah-Sha".

Soon enough, Wei Wuxian and "Ah-Sha" stood before Yi Ran. The latter could hardly believe it. She had been searching for this certain ghost so long... she could hardly believe that they were finally reunited...

"You want this man back, right?" Wei Wuxian questioned.

Yi Ran shot a glare towards his direction. "What does this have anything to do with you?"

"I am making you an offer." Wei Wuxian sneered. "If I give you this ghost, then you must promise to never mess around with Square Town again. There must never be fires, blue fires, or anything of the sort. Do you hear me?"

Yi Ran was puzzled. A promise was all he wanted?

"Huh," She snickered, "Do you have any right to negotiate with me?" Yi Ran planned to directly steal "Ah-Sha" from Wei Wuxian's hands. But the next step that Wei Wuxian did had doused her in cold water.

Wei Wuxian has unsheathed Suibian, pressing the blade against "Ah-Sha"'s neck!

"You!" Yi Ran seethed.

Wei Wuxian didn't even bat an eye, "I couldn't hear you. Can you repeat your words?"

Yi Ran shuddered. Her words were "do you have any right to negotiate with me". However, now it was proven that Wei Wuxian did have the right to negotiate with her. Otherwise, "Ah-Sha" would die in his hands. And "Ah-Sha" was merely a ghost.

Why would Wei Wuxian care if he killed a ghost?

Yi Ran could only surrender. "I... I won't hurt Square Town, as long as you don't hurt Ah-Sha."