32. Float away

I don't remember much of what happened after we arrived last night

I don't remember much of what happened after we arrived last night. I was overwhelmed, excited and nervous all the same same. I just changed and decided to sleep it off for tge next day was definitely going to be a first step into a new adventure I picked for myself.

To say I've absolutely no idea as to how should I behave with Randhir today would be an understatement. I'm fuckin nervous as hell. I have made myself clear that we need to work and show ourselves strictly as partners in front of the crowd but I'm also scared about how he's gonna keep up to that word.

I don't want him to give me unnecessary attention for I know I wouldn't be able to handle too much of peoples stares and talks. I walk into the classroom and take my usual seat..I can feel the sly stares upon me all the time. But I don't bother to give them the time of the day. Randhir arrives too with his friends and takes his seat. He doesn't glance my way and I'm thankful for it.

Professor Pradhan walks in after a while and addresses the crowd-

"Good morning guys. As you may have already known by now that you need to choose your partner for your respective projects...thanks to Mr Randhir-"

Is that sarcasm in his words? Damn! Did Randhir get himself into trouble for revealing about it even before the Professor did?

"You will be choosing partners now. First medical students will make their choices. You can choose anyone from either side. Once they're done, humanities students can go ahead" he finishes with a curt nod.

I'm curious as to what kind of partners everyone will choose. It's not just curiosity though...I need to pay attention to every detail around me from now on. They're all going to be my competitors...I need to understand their strengths and weaknesses so I could plan my future endeavors well.

As Randhir predicted none of their side members chose anyone from my side. Pity though! Are they all that broken that they refuse to trust someone new? Even in their professional attributes? But being a doctor calls for having trust in the most vulnerable conditions. Trusting your colleague, patient and sometimes even a stranger plays a crucial role in their job. How are they gonna cope once they leave this bubble of college when they can't even trust somebody with as simple as a project?

Finally after an hour or so the choices are made. My side partners were very much predictable for i have known them for the past three years.

"So the easiest part is done. Now comes the difficult task. All of you will be assigned a new project with a title that only you and your partner will know. You will work on it until the end of 3 months and submit it. That will be your main project. You will also be assigned small projects from time to time that needs  to be done on a daily basis. You all need to present your thesis, write columns,  prepare models everyday. These small projects will be known to all and  this is where all of you will compete neck to neck since the main project is the suspense piled up for the last phase. The cumulative of how you perform in both determines your and your partner's grade. I wanna lowkey say your partner and you will be stuck together for the next three months. All that you've dreamed of your careers till now ...this project will be the right push if you make use of it."