39 | youth world '11

THIRTY-NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the youth world boot camp 2011, los angeles, california

seinaru had just arrived at the venue for the boot camp with her training basketball ball in her hands and her sports bag containing her immediate belongings, when a tall purple-haired girl approached her.

"eh? a tiny kid?" the currently 6'3 argentinian girl looked down at the 5'7 girl that entered the facility not even five seconds ago.

there were about one hundred participants from several places in the world at the youth world boot camp, so the gym was currently very much filled with foreign players at every corner.

"what's she doing here?" a white-haired giant, standing at 6'2 asked the girl beside her as she dribbled her ball.

she recognized the girl from the magazines and her country's national television. she was from the united states of america, so it was sort of a big deal if a child from japan was featured on the news and magazines.

the orange-haired girl who stood at 5'11 shrugged, leaning against the ring's cemented stand. "don't know, don't care."

the ginger didn't really care about the girl's sudden appearance, but deep inside she lauded her. it was the first time a kid from japan was able to get into women's youth world. besides, like the usa player, she had seen seinaru's face on newspapers, magazines, and the news in her home country— united kingdom.

a red-haired girl with equally crimson eyes scoffed when she saw the newcomer from across the gym. she'd seen her before, in person. she lives in australia. but she went to visit japan before and coincidentally, it was seinaru's inter-high during her first year in high school.

she watched as the girl destroyed her opponent during the finals, garnering a score of 2 - 163. she remembers being in complete shock at the power the seemingly short point guard held. and now that she's here at youth world, it certainly changes things.

"they told me she was gonna be here, but i thought it was a joke." she said underneath her breath as she aimed for a hook shot that successfully went through the hoop, earning awed looks from other players.

seinaru looked up at the purple-haired giant who was all up in her personal space and blinked. "back off."

taken aback at the girl's sudden command, seventeen year-old acosta kaibara scoffed. "hah? kid, who do you think you're talking t—"

she was abruptly cut off when she was knocked onto her knees in a split-second.

a series of gasps echoed throughout the gym as they witnessed the scene in front of them. whispers of her arrival began to buzz in the entirety of the venue, shaking everyone out of their shoes.

"she's here."

"i thought they were just kidding when they said she could do that.."

"is that even normal?!"

"oh my god she's hotter in person!"

kaibara, hearing the whispers, looked up at the black-haired girl with piercing heterochromatic blue and green eyes. who was this girl? and how on earth was she able to make kaibara fall onto her back?

she gritted her teeth in frustration as she tried to get up, but failed greatly. she felt like there was a force keeping her down. "who are you?"

the protagonist was holding the basketball she used to pull an ankle breaker at kaibara.

she was merely glancing down at the tall girl sprawled on the ground with permanent disinterest written all over her face.

"don't talk to me. i don't speak trash."

silence enveloped the court filled with one hundred players.

the rumors were true.

the magazines and the news channels didn't lie.

ymari shekinah seinaru, the fourteen year-old point-guard of japan who apparently won mvp and the nationals on her first try, and was the youngest player on youth world was indeed a prodigy.

and..

her hand dismissively made a formless shot from across the court, aiming for the ring on the opposite end. the ball went in with perfect trajectory, the sound echoing throughout the gym as she boredly looked at her fingers.

she was also a menace.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━