Chapter 19

[Mature Content]

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

I make it to the river 30 minutes later. I parked in the back away from everyone and made my way through the trees to where Stefano told me he would be at. The area is pretty isolated and far away from everyone at the river so I'm not worried about anyone seeing me.

Once I made it, I freeze.

I see Stefano and the clean up crew standing over a dead body.

Jacob's body.

He turns to face me and calls me over. Walking over to him I get a closer look at Jacob. He's covered in blood and what appears to be several stab wounds all along his torso and chest.

Mia did this?

I look to the side of him and see ripped underwear. I growl.

"Did he touch her." I demand without taking my eyes of Jacob's dead body.

I will kill his entire family if he touched her.

"I don't know. When I got here, all I saw was Mia on top of him stabbing him repeatedly with a piece of broken glass." He sighs and I turn to face him to urge him to continue. "She was completely out of it. She kept screaming Leo's name telling him to stop. I'm surprised no one heard her."

I curse under my breath and look down. "Where is she?"

"I sent her and Kate to the warehouse where she can get cleaned up. She-She knows something is up with us and she wants answers."

Shock covers my face and I turn back to Stefano. "Answers? I can't tell her anything, you know I can't."

He sighs.

"Come on, let's talk in the car while the clean up crew finishes up here." We start walking back to my car and I can barely keep it together.

If I tell Mia everything it could risk her safety. She wasn't born into this life and anyone who knows about it are to be killed. But I'm also nervous that if I don't tell her that she will start snooping and end up in trouble or worse, killed.

We make it to my car and now we're driving to the warehouse so I can see Mia.

Stefano is the first to break the silence. "I don't want you telling her. If you tell her then she will tell Kate and I can't risk anything happening to her."

My grip on the steering wheel tightens and realization consumes me.

"You care for Kate." It's more of a statement then a question.

He scoffs. "Don't get ahead of yourself, amico. She's just good in bed."

I smirk and an idea pops in my head.

"Good, because I'm going to kill her. I can't risk her telling the police about what happened. You understand right?" I turn to him with an evil grin.

He sucks in a breath and shakes his head. "I-I...she said that she wouldn't tell anyone. She doesn't need to die." He stutters out.

"Don't worry I won't kill her." He lets out a breath of relief and that causes me to smile.

"You will."

I can feel his eyes shoot up to me.

"No. I will not kill her." His voice shakes.

I start laughing.

"Don't worry lover boy, nobody is killing anyone. I just wanted to see your reaction." I keep laughing.

"Stronzo." (Asshole.) He snarls at me.