chapter 37

walking down the hallway i can see people looking at me since yeah my hair is white and purple but at the same time.

im sure they're all used to me with a long top on and jeans. or leggings and a hoodie.

but no now im in a black crop top and a very short black skirt.

walking down the steps and into the main room i see alec crouched down next to his brother before he gets up quickly making his bow and arrow and shoots towards the doorway.

i gasp running over standing next to him.he glances at me but i dont bother looking back,

instead i watch as a man that looks like valentines changes into a blonde haired women.

"that reaction time was abysmal."she speaks dully making alec look away from me and at her.i glace over my shoulder seeing everyone in the main room has stopped what there doing and are all looking over."Except for you." she says looking alec up and down making me shake my head and roll my eyes looking away."I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave." she says smirking.

"alec lightwood"he says sliding his bow onto his back before it disapears.

i sigh before turning and going to leae but alec light grabs my hand.

lydia looks at our hands before she smirks and walks threw the middle of us making em scoff.

"Maryse. The Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute."lydai speaks as she walks into the middle fo the main room.

aelc's mother and izzy were walking down the steps as she enters.

"Wait a minute. Nobody informed us."maryse who is alec's mother speaks looking at luydai confused.

"The Clave doesn't need to. And, to repeat myself, it's temporary. Nothing's been decided yet. But I do need full clearance in order to assess how this Institute is running." lydia speaks walking over to one of the monitors looking at it before she turns and looks back at maryse.

i sigh and lean against tge wall crossing my arms watching.

i can feel alec's judgemental eyes on me making me look at him quickly.

"what?" i mouth angrily at him. he just frowns at me making em roll my eyes and look back at the rude blonde walking around the room.

"Where is Clary Fairchild? i see gracelynn is present but where is the important daughter?"lydia speaks making me scoff.

"excuse me.?!" i ask making everyone turn and look at me.

"I would hope someone here knows."lydia says ignoring my question.

"She's in the field, training."alec speaks looking at the blonde.

"You're telling me she's just... out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?" lydia asks slowly walking closer to him;.

"Isn't she also your cousin?"izzy asks making me frown.

"Distant cousin."lydia speaks looking over at me before turning around.

no way am i related to her.

"She's with Jace." alec speaks crossing his arms. i look at him and the tenseness of his buldi before looking away quickly.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires? I've read reports. "lydai speaks coming and standing in the middle of everyone.

"Jace might be unconventional, but he's our best soldier. If he's with Clary, then she's in good hands."maryse tells her seriosuly.

"I hope so. And for your sake, all of New York. All of your jurisdiction better be well protected."she speaks walking around looking over at the other monitors.

i dont bother to stick around listening to blondie spit orders so i take off.

walking away from everyone until i here quick footsetps running after me making me roll my eyes.

"gracie." alec voice calls making me stop moving. i dont bother to tur around and look at him. i just wait until he's stood infront of me before i reply.

"yes alec how may i help you?" i ask looking up at him.

"you okay?"he asks looking at me.

"yes alec....im fine." i say smiling at him tightly.

"you dyed your hair.." he says reaching up and moving some of the purple out of my face.

"yes i did." i say looking at him.

"the skirts really short." he mutters looking at my skirt.

"not that short." i reply stepping back.

"listen about my parents-" he goes to sya but i cut him off shaking my head.

"no alec....they were right....i need to grow up. i cant help if im not mature enough." i tell heim sersiously.

he sighs knowning at this point in time he isnt goingto chnage my mind.

"okay." he says making me nod and trun to go away but he stops me."gracie." he calls making me roll my eyes and turn back to look at him.

"were good though right?" he asks looking at me seriusly.

"great." i say smiling tightly at him before i walk off leaving him stood there frowning watching me walk away.

i end up walking into my room ditching the skirt changing into leggings before taking off the jacket grabbing my stele before walking threw the main room to the training room.

but the large screen caught my eye.

"thats the jade wolf." i say getting everyones attention.

"do you just allow valentines daughters to walk around freeley?" the bitchy blonde asks looking me up and down.

"no..i told her to go and get ready for training." alec says quickly seeing my outfit change.

the blonde just hums before turning back to the look at the screen. 

i hide my wrist and stele behind my back as i stand next to alec looking at the pictures coming up on the screen.

"Something attacked the Jade Wolf."alec says changing the pictures.

"The werewolves' headquarters? Where did you..." the bolonde asks frowning looking at alec.

"Where did you get these? Leader of the New York wolf pack."alec replies simpley before changing the picture again.

"you've spoken to luke?" i ask looking at him. he just nods before looking back at the screen.

"You're friends with Lucian Graymark? An ex-Circle member?" the blonde asks me and alec quickly making me glare at her.

"how about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate?" maryse says quickly cutting off my glare at the blonde."I'm sure this is linked to..." she goes to say but lydai cuts her off.

"Valentine. I need to see it for myself." she says quickly before she turns and walks away only stopping to turn and look at alec."are you coming or not?" she asks him making me scoff.

alec glances at me making me turn and look at him.

"what are you waiting for?" i ask him frowning.

"you two gracelynn fairchild...i dont want you out of my sight." lydia calls making me roll my eyes dramatically.

"come on."i mutter to alec before we follow her after out the institue and to the jade wolf.