Special Chapter

Oliver

Someone is shaking me. Why is someone shaking me? Can't they see I'm asleep! I don't want to wake up!

“Olly, it's time to wake up.” It's mommy. Why is she waking me? She knows I like sleep.

“Leave me alone!”

“I swear, you are just like your dad.”

I'll take that as a compliment. I didn't open my eyes but I heard her move around and finally leave my room and I was happy. I love mommy but I don't like being woken up.

I pulled my Supa Strikas blanket over my head so she wouldn't see me if she comes back. Ha ha, I'm so sneaky like a ninja.

“Oliver.” Oh no, she's back and she said 'Oliver' not 'Olly'. She's mad. “Get up now. You'll be late for school.”

Great, she used the 'mommy' voice, now I have to what she said. I wasn't happy about it but I got off my bed and hugged mommy good morning.

Okay, maybe I was happy about the hug, mommy gives nice hugs.

I went to brush my teeth and I showered all by myself because I can. Mommy put my clothes on my bed and she didn't even have to help me put them on.

I still needed help wearing my shoes so I took them to the kitchen where mommy and Mrs Peters were cooking so she could help me. When I smelled the food my tummy made that noise it makes when it's hungry.

Sort of like it was yelling, feed me!

Dad came down in a business suit and I said good morning to him before we started eating. We had bacon, my favorite.

Mommy let me watch some cartoon while Dad finished getting ready and we had to leave. I didn't like leaving Mommy at home mostly because I was afraid she was lonely but she'll come to my school soon.

Today is family day and at twelve o'clock, parents are going to come to school and we're going to do presentations and show them around.

My presentation is going to be awesome! I hope people like it.

Dad left me with my teacher and she took me to my class. I have two teachers Miss Celia and Miss Mary they're really nice but Miss Celia is my favorite. She gave me a gold star yesterday for sharing my crayon.

When I got to my class, she put my bag and lunchbox in my cubbie and I sat with my friends.

“Hi, Oliver!” My friend, Sam, said.

She's a girl but she likes to be called 'Sam' because her name's Samantha and Sam's shorter. She's really pretty and was the first friend I made on my first day. I always sit with her and Israel.

“Hi, Sam. Your shoes are so cool.” Her shoes had lights that came on when she hit them.

Her face turned red. “Thank you.”

“Are you still coming to my house today?”

“Yeah!”

Yay! I'm finally going to have friends at my house! I didn't have anyone over before because I didn't have any friends my age but now I do. Israel and Sam are my best friends but I have other friends too.

Israel finally came and sat next to Sam. They got married yesterday in the playground and I was the person that asked them if them wanted to get married, like that person that did it when mommy and Dad got married. The piece? Beast?

I dunno the word.

We had a bell in school that went off when it was time for stuff and when it was time for school to start, everyone heard the loud ring. Miss Mary started teaching us about three letter words and we knew a lot of them like cat, fat, rat, cup, mop and so many others.