7. truce

Chapter 7

Oriya Deronte

We took the same car home. Leo Laurent thought it would be a 'good bonding experience.' There was no bonding at all. Our fathers sat quietly. Vincent took off his tie and tied it around his thigh making blood spill out onto the seat. His collar, now undone.

Leo Laurent squirmed and shifted away from his son.

"Jesus Christ." He whispered.

He remained quiet, glaring at the passing trees as
we drove past them. I didn't have much to say either. Father told me that after we find the person threatening us, I could kill Vincent. That right there was the motivation I was using to find the man as soon as possible.

We finally arrived at the Laurent Estate. Their mansion was huge and beautiful. It had a nice water fountain in the middle of the parking lot where many cars were parked. Most of them were black and a sports car.

We stepped out and walked to the door. Leo punched in a code and the doors opened. Four maids came rushing to the door immediately, assisting Vincent and Leo to take off their coats and hand them a glass of water. Arrogant bastards.

The house was surrounded by bodyguards everywhere. At every door, the bottom of the stairs, the top of the stairs, everywhere.

"I'm going to stitch this up, I will return shortly." Vincent told us.

"Oriya, go with him." Leo said.

"No. Use the washroom right here." Vincent said with his jaw clenched. I swear it was about to break.

"Gladly." I smiled a fake smile.

"Vincent, lead her there." Leo ordered.

Vincent glared at his father. Leo just smiled. Vincent sighed and motioned with his head to follow him. He didn't need to lead me there. I knew where it was. I remembered from the map I used when I was going to raid his home. He showed me the washroom and began going wherever he was going.

"I've only agreed to stay civil for my brother. Don't let it get to your head." I said before he was out of earshot. He was acting as if he was the only one being forced to work together.

He stopped walking, "I'm only doing this for Sarah. Just so you know, once this truce is over I'll have your head on a plate."

"Mhm, you've been saying that for years" I replied smugly. It was true. All he gave was empty threats.

He was about to turn around. He stilled for a second before frustratedly sighing, and walking off. I shut the door to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was no longer nicely done. I quickly ran my fingers through it making it look a little better than it did.

My mascara was smudged lightly around my eyes, and my lipstick could barely even be noticed through the blood covering it. The blood went down to my neck and under my dress into my chest. I turned on the sink and washed the blood off my neck and chest.

I washed my face next, making the mascara go all over my eyes. I wiped it off with the towel sitting neatly folded near the sink. Everything was washed off. I had a bare face. Still hot. My hair covered the cut at the back of my neck, so I left it as it was.

I walked out and back to where my father and Leo were standing. Leo nodded his head at me, and held out his hand for me to shake. I looked over to my father, he nodded in approval. With hesitation, I did.

"We will be working together for a while, the least we can do is be nice to each other." Leo said.

I didn't say anything. I simply nodded my head and dropped his hand. I noticed how much Vincent looked like him. They had the same nose, lips and eyebrows. Leo's eyes were brown though. Vincent got his eyes from his mother.