Chapter 13

Taila POV

"Please state your full name, date of birth, and age, please."

My eyes started to wander around the four walls in the creme-colored room. 

If someone told me in five years' time that I would be back with a therapist I would have probably laughed in your face and called you stupid.

Well, look how the tables have turned.

"Taila Aliyah Jones, 14th February 2001 and 20 years old," I spoke clearly since I was being recorded for my first session.

I started to fiddle with my hair, today I decided to sit with a short bob black wig, with a black hoodie matching with black Nike joggers and white and black jordans ones.

"Hello Taila, my name is Scarlett and I'm here to assess how you get on in the few weeks since you know you have been feeling quite...low would you agree?"

I fiddle with my nails and do a slow nod not looking at her face yet.

"So..." She trailed off, as I took a glance to see her rearranging her notes "what would you say is the main trigger to your symptoms?"

Your symptoms? Well, excuse me bitch I didn't ask them to come to me. Before I beat your stupid ass.

My jaw clenched as I replied with a bit of frustration, "I don't know? I have a tendency in wearing clothes that show skin, n*ggas like to touch what they can't have, you try to fight back but they don't take no for an answer. You don't need me to explain the rest for you do you?" I lean back in my chair feeling all types of emotions.

Anger. Upset. Unbothered. Annoyed.

"Mhm ok." Her tone sounds quite astonished probably because of the language I used as she notes whatever she notes down then looks back at me, "have you gotten diagnosed with PTSD?"

I nod my head again.

"Well I think with a couple more tests I can actually say you probably have more than just PTSD, the term for it would actually be complex PTSD. This is when traumatic events in your life repeatedly happen. This is more severe." She explains as I take in everything she just said.

Growing up in a black African household, telling them about your mental state of mind would be seen as forbidden and just taken lightly.

It shouldn't.

So the complex PTSD makes sense since it happened at a young age and I never addressed it to my parents because they wouldn't have taken it seriously.

I take in a huge breath as I start to explain, "when I was 16, I got raped by my headteacher," I gulped, shaking my head before contuining, "he use to call me to his office and use it as an excuse to complain about my grades. The school I went to tried to support me since my mum was struggling so all my help would be from school mostly. I couldn't  complain though because it was helping. Then he started to get too close and personal as I would sit in his office he would stoke my thigh. Until one day he...he took advantage of me several times as it was appraoching my last day and he said he wanted to make it a day I wouldn't forget." I codly laughed, "well he certainly wasn't wrong about that one."

It has been long since I spoke about it. I tried my hardest to repress these memories all the way and locked so it would never come out again.

But no matter how hard you try to repress them, if not addressed properly it will never be fully healed.

"He use to say it was my fault. That it was my skirt was distracting and my cleveage was tempting and I asked for it. That my use was to be his personal whore." I shivered as his words started to replay in my head.

Feeling like I said abit too much I kept quiet and looked down at my lap, as slience filled the room.

Until I heard a clear of throat. "I am so sorry that happened to you Taila. If it helps you are not alone and because I want to prove to you that I suggest you go to a support group where you could meet other people speak about similar situations and how they tackled the issue. For me, I will keep you updated in what I suggest but because of so much you have said I have to allow me to break these notes down throughoully."

I nod and ask, "so, whats the cure?"

She looks at me quite amused as if I asked a dumb question. 

"Unfortunately there isn't much of a cure however we can reduce this, if you ever feel like something is triggering your PTSD then I would like for you to think of five happy things around the environment your in and think of something that makes you happy. This can help as it clouds more postive thought than negative."

I don't know how that would help me like I haven't already tried that.

This will be my last session because I don't know if I can deal with this.

"Well then...session over?"

****

Sim POV

"Jaxbabyyyy..." I trail off.

Jax and I were currently watching a movie on netflix cuddled up on the sofa.

After getting kicked out and banned from the restuarant because I flicked my fingers towards the security guy head, Alonzo decided to drop me off home. I expected him to leave afterwards however, when Jax opened the door he narrowed his eyes and I realised that Alonzo was still there standing at the corner off his car with a smirk. He walked towards us and handed us ticket to some ball and then left.

Jax is quite possessive over me and I'm not sure him and Alonzo would get along. Though I reassured him that he has nothing to worry about. He said "mhm" and left going bed early, I felt quite hurt and decided next day to give him the slient treatment. He realised and felt bad and decided to make it up by ice cream and netflix.

Leaving us here.

"Yes princess?" He grabbed my waist closer and snuggled between my neck, making butterflies to erupt in my lower stomach.

"You know, the tickets that Alonzo gave us...are we going?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. The reason he gave us is so I can keep an eye out of Taila as he also had the plan to invite her to this "ball"which isn't the usual ball you would think. Since I'm with Jax he gave one to him aswell, but he didn't look that interested.

"And why would we go to and entertain his crap?" He said and I huffed in annoyance.

"Hey be nice now." I glared at him playfully and he chuckled "look we don't even have to stay for that long, its just so I can look out for Taila because you know I care for her and I just want to see how she is doing really and its literally in a week time and I want to be a good companion"

He stared at me in disbelief and groaned, "If I say yes, will you keep shut up about this fucking event?"

I nodded before getting tackled on the sofa and trapped.

"Now what should I do with you, hmm?"

****

Hey guys x

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

I dedicate this chapter to my bestie as she kept asking "when are you going to upload" haha, well here you go.

My birthday was last week monday so I'm 17 ayee. Can't believe i'm gonna be an adult soon ew.

anyways if you vote for this chapter, you will be famous.<3

Rev xoxo

WORD COUNT- 1263