Untitled Part 23 Is this love

After the convocation ceremony, Dev took Anu to a high-end restaurant. Arjun excused himself by saying that he has homework to complete. He doesn't want to be the third wheel between his sister and her husband. Earlier, Anu's friends planned a get-together, but after Dev's entry, they changed their minds.

Anu had never been to such a place. When she was admiring the ambience, Dev cleared his throat.

"Anu, what you want to eat?"

Almost all the items looked foreign in Anu's eyes. She guessed the dish by the list of ingredients listed. After looking at her confused face, Dev started explaining the items and suggested some. The food was delicious. Both of them ate in silence. The only sound heard was that of the clinking of the dishes. To break the silence, Dev started.

"Say something, Anu. Are you not happy with my public declaration?"

"No. not like that. I didn't expect that. I thought you would never declare our relationship in public." She said with a hint of pain in her words. Dev has no answer for her. Back then, his attitude gave her no reasons to believe.

"Oh," that's what he could say. The atmosphere became awkward. To change the topic, Dev asked.

"Mugil told, you are ready to join MBA."

"Yes, we applied; the classes will start next month." She answered. Dev could feel the happiness in her tone.

"So.."

"So.."

"When are you coming home," Dev asked Anu. Though Anu expected this question already, she was startled for a while. He had waited patiently, and she had no reason to refute.

"Tomorrow, I will come."

Dev can't contain his happiness.

"Okay, then I will pick you up by eight in the morning."

"Why, no problem, I can come by myself. You don't have to worry. You have to attend the office, right?"

"No, it's my pleasure, be ready, I will come."

"Okay."

They talked about random things, and it was almost half-past eleven when they came out of the restaurant. Dev drove her to her parent's house.

"Are you coming inside," she asked.

"No, Tomorrow morning, I will meet them."

"Okay, Good night." She told and was about to enter the entrance gate when Dev grabbed her hand and turned her to face him.

"I wanted to say this for a while. You look beautiful in this dress. I am the luckiest man in this world." Saying, he kissed her forehead. His sudden compliment and touch made her blush. To avoid further embarrassment, she ran inside her house and bid him goodbye.

Dev found that cute. All these sensations were new for him. He has never been this much happy in his life. He had been in intimate relationships with many women before, but nothing like this he had ever experienced before.

Now, he is waiting on the road for her little smile. "Is this called Love," he thought to himself. He was counting the sheep for the sun to rise.

The next day the picture of Dev holding Anu was the headline in almost all the newspapers. The news spread like a forest fire among people who were unaware of it previously. There were many catchy captions like,

"The most qualified bachelor had already been claimed."

"The Multi-billionaire Satyadev married his staff, who hails from a poor family." |

Anu, who had kept a low profile in her surroundings, felt nervous. After checking the news, Dev alerted Mugil to send bodyguards to Anu's house. They suspected reporters there. Mugil suggested Dev send a car to Anu's residence to pick her up as there may be a commotion.

Anu had already packed her things as she guessed about Dev's persistence. Though Anu didn't expect him, she felt sad when Dev can't come in the morning. Dev was continuously getting wishes from his business circle and friends. Reena was exasperated by the news. She can't believe her ears. Back then, he was portrayed as a playboy, and this marriage news escalated his esteem for sure. Previously, he missed some projects because of his Casanova image.

After taking care of the courtesy gestures, Dev returned home to welcome Anu. When he entered the house, he saw Anu unpacking her things in the guest room. He sneaked inside the room and hugged her from the back. Anu, who didn't expect Dev by that time, screamed.

"Hey, Anu, it is me; Relax."

"You gave me a heart attack; she kept her hands in her chest dramatically."

Dev was perplexed to see Anu's arranging her things in the guest room. He shook his head in dismay and said,

"Anu, why are you arranging here; come to our room."

The word "Our room" sounded foreign to her. She didn't prepare for this.

"I..I.." She stammered.

"Anu, please." He pleaded with eyes.

She could refuse even if he commanded her, but he was standing in front of her pleading, so she smiled and accepted. They both together shifted her things, and Dev started helping in arranging her clothes.

"I can do it." She stopped him.

Like a spoiled child, he pouted, "Why can't I fold my wife's clothes?" Anu can't help but admire him.

"You look cute." She said, out of blue.

"What? Is this how you compliment a man," he started chuckling.

"If you don't like it, I will take back my words." She pouted with her hands on her hips.

"Hey, you are so naïve and cute," saying that he pinched her nose.

After arranging everything, they both had lunch together. As Dev came in the middle of something, he returned to his office. Dev was in a smile all the time. He felt like a harmonic teenager. He never dreamt life to be this much interesting with a woman. During the company meeting, he was staring at his mobile screen, where there was a picture of Anu with him, all the time with a smile lingering on his lips. He never smiled in his office. Even his employees felt strange about his behaviour.