83

In case it's confusing, I changed up the timeline a little bit so the whole thing between Hawks and Dabi hasn't happened yet.

I updated Patreon tiers (see at the end of the chapter). They will be 8-10 chapters ahead by the end of this week. Additionally Forgotten Colors will only be updated on patreon till its completion.

What are you guys most excited for in Parallels!? Patreon has the first 40,000 words :)

Question for you guys: if you're financially able and have been thinking of getting patreon, why haven't you? This is purely for self-growth reasons and making sure I'm making everyone happy :)

PART 4

Cults were very popular in the hero world. Extreme societies often breed extremist values. On both ends. The league of Villains knew as such when they infiltrated an illegal organization. Compress, Toga, Twice, and Shigaraki were on the front lines, Dabi remaining at the base to hold down the fort.

The four of them waltzed in without warning as if the building this overly violent, questionably religious group inhabited belonged to the league and no one else. You'd think they were after something, needing information from one of the leaders, connections to a higher-powered freak with too much to lose. But no. What they wanted was simple. And as Shigaraki once explained to Atomic, power was the same as another attribute man-kind bowed to without knowing it.

Money.

In a less dramatic sense, they were broke as fuck. So who else would they rob but people who had no business calling any law enforcement to protect them.

Compress, Twice, and Toga stayed by the first floor, ensuring that the members didn't do anything sketchy or try to escape while Shigaraki was upstairs, using his quirk to map and search for the cellulose structured bonds and lignin- aka, paper currency. Places like this were usually brimming with money hidden in walls, floor compartments, safes, you name it.

But the villain had another advantage as he patiently walked the halls of the satanic mansion. Not only was Atomic at his back. You were too...

It'd been two weeks since you arrived at the league. Already, it was painfully obvious that there wasn't much order. At the very least however, Shigaraki was able to keep his team efficient. Considering they were out of funds, All for One and Kurogiri unable to lend any aid, it was up to him and his followers to attain the means to continue on.

"Your left," You spoke, quietly, gate longer, less cautious than Tenko's. The hall had two rooms at its end, the one directly to his left as you'd told him catching his eye. The door was cracked open, light peering in front the windows.

Dressed in his heavy black coat, blue toned hand firmly holding his face, Tenko turned to you in question before deciding whether or not to follow.

You weren't dressed very differently. Entirely in gray rather than black, Tenko had been able to request a favor from one of All for One's old friends who designed and made his battle-wear. The world needed to believe you were dead or missing. Wearing your real clothes or hero costume for that matter was a sure-fire way to get caught. Gray was more inconspicuous and the way the hood perfectly covered your head down to your mouth and nose, bearing only your eyes, you might as well have been invisible.

The two of you made quite a pair. And for your first time actually engaging, going outside, participating with the league, you were more efficient than any follower he'd ever had.

Atomic coursed through both your consciousnesses, back and forth, scanning the world surrounding his two hosts, practically acting as a forcefield, a guard dog able to create defense that could block a missile and destroy an entire building. Not to mention, communication between you and Tenko was easy.