43 | E + M

Emmanuelle

"This dress costs $2750,- it's too expensive."

"The fitting room is back there." He pointed to the room, paying no attention to what I had said.

I glanced between Marco and the dress, "Fine."

I grabbed a much cheaper white dress as well. I hung the two dresses and pulled the tall curtains around me. First, I tried on the white one. As much as the black dress looked better and would be an eye catcher, I was in no mood to piss Gia off even more.

The soft silk of the dress glided over my body as the top part draped around my neck. At first glance it did not do much for me but I still had the zipper at the back that I could not pull up myself. I hoped that the dress would fit me better once the zipper was up.

I peaked in between the curtains, only making my head visible and keeping the dress hidden. Marco was sitting on a white ottoman, reading away at one of the various magazines that were laid out on the glass table.

Mira was not in sight thus I had no choice but to ask Marco for assistance. As if he could sense that I was looking at him, he turned towards me.

"I need help."

He put down the magazine and headed my way. I deliberately took a step backwards when he walked in between the curtains.

His eyes were dragged across my figure, drinking in every detail by viewing the back of the dress in the mirror behind me.

"I still need to pull the zipper up."

He walked closer to me, this time I stood still. His face towered over mine, just inches of air between us when I looked up as he looked down.

His fingers grazed my sides whilst he bent down and his lips came close to the side of my head.

"Turn around." He whispered against my skin. His hands softly gripped in my sides and assisted me as I turned around.

Our eyes met in the mirror and kept the contact when his fingers moved to the zipper. Slowly, he pulled it up. The side of his finger lightly traced my back which hitched up my breath.

Once the dress was zipped up it sat better on my figure but still was not as complementing as could be. It was most definitely designed for someone taller than me.

"It's not bad." He whispered in my ear, still standing behind me.

"You hate it." I pointed out the obvious.

"I don't love it, no."

"I'll try the black one." I tapped the zipper.

He unzipped it again and took a step back but did not leave.

"Can I have some privacy?"

"Of course, I'll be out here if you need me." He scratched the back of his head.

"Okay, all done," I came out after fitting the dress. "You'll see tomorrow. " I told him when I saw the disappointment on his face.

"Great." He mumbled under his breath.

"Beautiful choice." Mira said as she rang it up.

Before Marco could get his wallet out of his pocket, I had handed her my card. It was surely going to hurt my bank account but I knew I would still have enough left for the coming week.

"Wait, no—"

"My dress, I'm paying." I had been waiting for a moment like this one.

After a quick stop at another shop where Marco got his stuff, we headed back home. This time the road seemed shorter than before, within minutes we were home again.