stress or something else?

*Kamala just thinks she is just not feeling like herself from all of the changes that Will going into their life but Doug thinks it's something else! Thank you goldenaviators for helping me brain storm ideas for this chapter! It means a lot! Enjoy! Love • Bree ❤️

December 15th, 2020

Kamala and Doug are at their DC condo at the Westlight in Washington's West End, enjoying their day together.

Yesterday was another historic day in history, where all fifty states counted their electoral collage votes, solidifying that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have won the Presidency and Vice Presidency!

Doug is currently grabbing all of their fast food and takeout menus out of the drawer they are kept in so he and Kamala can figure out what they want to have for dinner since both of them do not want to cook today.

Kamala has had a long day of meetings with Joe and their transition team, working and discussing their administration while Doug has been doing press for most of the day.

Kamala is currently relaxing on the couch, curled up in Doug's favorite blanket he likes to wrap himself in. Doug then walks into the living room, smiling at Kamala and Kamala smiles back up at him.

"Aww, you love my blanket, don't ya?" Doug says as he sits down on the couch by Kamala's feet and she props them up on his legs, making him giggle.

"Mhm, I loveee this blanket. It's so cosy and soft and smells just like you." Kamala says as she blushes, making Doug smile.

"Well, when you have to do trips without me, you can take that blanket with you." Doug says, causing Kamala to awe loudly and smile at Doug.

"You are so sweet, Dougie." Kamala says as she moves her dark brown hair out of her face.

Doug begins to tenderly rub his hands up and down Kamala's legs, making Kamala feel instantly relaxed.

"My ankles and legs have been hurting and cramping lately. I never had that problem, like ever!" Kamala says to Doug as Doug examines her legs and ankles, seeing if there is anything there but there isn't.

"Maybe it's the chucks? I always heard that they hurt your feet if you wear them a lot." Doug says as he continues to massage Kamala's legs for her.

"No, I don't think it's that, Dougie. I haven't really worn my chucks. I've been wearing more heels though." Kamala says to Doug as she checks her phone.

"That could be it! You never wear heels so your body might not be use to it." Doug says as Kamala puts her hand out and Doug softly kisses it.

"That could be it, honestly! Everybody says I should wear heels and dresses to look nicer and more presidential, like how gross." Kamala says as she and Doug both giggle.

"So, how was everything today? What did you and Joe discuss during the Zoom meetings?" Doug asks Kamala as he continues to massage her legs for her, trying to make her legs feel better.

"We discussed a lot of cabinet nominees and what we want to do in the first few months in office. Joe has this master plan and it's so cute. He wants everything on his plan done by thirty days and I'm like, we can do all of this in maybe a year or two, but not thirty days." Kamala says as she and Doug both chuckle and smile at each other.

"Joe is a very hard worker and wants the best for everyone that's for sure. That's what America needs, a president that wants everybody to succeed!" Doug says making Kamala smile.

"Oh! And guess who is going to be in the cabinet?" Kamala asks Doug with excitement.

"Who, baby?" Doug says as he chuckles and smiles back at Kamala.

"Pete! Joe is going to put him as Secretary of Transportation." Kamala says with a humungous smile talking about her best friend Pete Buttigieg.

"Oh how fun! We can see Pete and hang out with him and Chasten more!" Doug says with a big smile.

"Yeah, it's going to be good! Pete was excited when we called and asked him!" Kamala says as she sits up and kisses Doug a few times.

"You look so beautiful in your pjs." Doug says, making Kamala blush.

"Oh stop it! But thank you." Kamala says as she cuddles up next to Doug with the blanket still wrapped around her waist.

"What do you want to have for dinner, honey?" Doug asks Kamala as he rubs her back softly and grabs some of the menus from the table.

"Hmmm, I don't know, Dougie. But Chinese food and Thai food look and taste gross to me right now." Kamala says as Doug playfully gasps at her.

"You think Thai food and Chinese food are gross? Since when? You were always obsessed with those types of foods!" Doug asks Kamala with confusion.

"Until recently. I don't know if it's the stress from all of the transition meetings that Joe and I are having, the stress from Trump being a complete nut case because he is a loser, Republicans boohooing because they lost the House, the Senate and presidency fair and square or the media already judging everything I do but I haven't been feeling like myself lately." Kamala says to Doug as she lays her head on Doug's shoulder.

"I have noticed how tired you have been and you taking naps. Taking naps is something you don't do." Doug says as he and Kamala both giggle at each other.

"I know! I can remember going all day with so much energy but now I don't have any! I have been dying without naps right now. I don't know how Joe does it and he is much older than I am!" Kamala says as she laughs, making Doug laugh too.

"Well, do you wanna know what I think it is?" Doug asks Kamala, playing with her hair.

"What is it, Dr. Emhoff?" Kamala asks Doug with some sass making him giggle.

"I think you might be pregnant." Doug says causing Kamala's eyes to nearly pop out of their sockets.

"Pregnant? Pregnant? No freaking way. I'm too old to get pregnant, Dougie! Why do you think that?" Kamala questions Doug, utterly confused on what he is thinking.

"Because a lot of the symptoms you are having right now are what Kerstin had with both Cole and Ella." Doug says as he continues to rubs Kamala's back.

"What symptoms?" Kamala asks Doug playfully still shocked he thinks she is pregnant even though she thinks it's completely impossible.

"Like everything you love to eat tastes weird to you, you have been peeing your brains out, you are tired all of the time, and you said your boobs really hurt." Doug says to Kamala.

"Dougie, I'm too old to have a baby. I really don't think any of this is pregnancy related. I think it's just stress from how crazy everything is right now." Kamala says as she rubs Doug's cheeks.

"Okay, I trust what you think, baby. I hope you aren't offended that about what I just said." Doug says softly, afraid he offended his wife somehow.

"No, no, no! I'm not, I promise. I know you are worried about me and I appreciate it. You are so cute though. We would have made cute babies, huh?" Kamala says happily and Doug's smiles.

"Oh definitely. They would be beautiful because of you." Doug says as he kisses Kamala and Kamala kisses Doug back.

"Oh shush! You are very handsome, Dougie." Kamala says as she deeply kisses Doug.

Kamala and Doug ultimately decide on Wendy's for dinner, since she is really wanting French fries and a Frosty.