Chapter 110

Edward Frost.

He woke up from his coma roughly around two years ago. Instead of recuperating for a few months after breaking the curse and regaining consciousness, he started working as usual.

But before that, he mysteriously vanished for two weeks along with his closest aides before reappearing at the Imperial Palace.

I think he was collecting evidence on Marquess Esdal, the man responsible for his curse.

Oh, Thank god! His current location is the capital Volos.

"Phew..." I let out a sigh of relief.

It is where he was assigned by the Imperial family to assist in the investigation regarding the series of murders with the Commander of the Imperial Knights, Alex Herrmann.

"Happy?" Jack asked with a satisfied smile.

"Yes!" Although I was avoiding him on purpose, I unconsciously answered in high spirits from having a burden lifted off my chest.

Then I remembered where I was and immediately corrected myself.

"I mean, yes. The reports are very thorough"

For inexplicable reasons, the number of nightmares I've been having has exponentially increased since the start of our journey.

I used to dream about walking on a beach hand in hand with a handsome guy, whose face I have never seen. But now every single time I close my eyes, I see myself reflected in a mirror caught by a man with a pair of red eyes.

It was 'Nightmare on the Streets of Orion'.

I continued reading the report on Edward with more enthusiasm than I had ever had in my life.

Turns out Edward has fully embraced the fact that he is a widower. And according to this, he spends a lot of time standing over the cliff of Mount Zion staring off into the raging ocean.

Aka the place where the late Duchess was murdered.

This guy is such a...

"Romantic..." A voice came from behind me.

'I was gonna say drama king. But...'

"Yeah"' I smirked mockingly.

He's so romantic that he proposed to his girlfriend on the site his wife was murdered.

Romantic indeed.

Wait a minute. Who said that?

"!"

I flinched at the unexpected sight of Jack earnestly reading the report on Edward from right behind me.

I was about to punch in reflex but stopped myself at the last second.

When did he get behind me?

Wasn't he sitting in front of me seconds ago?

"Ahem... Excuse me?" I glared at him, irked by the invasion of privacy.

Sneaking up on someone was already bad enough but, sneaking up on someone who is sneaking up on a bunch of people was worse.

"Ah... sorry. I came for the tea"

He smiled, unfazed by the annoyance etched on my face.

Holding up his hands he pointed at the trolly before scurrying away. Soon the room was engulfed with the fragrance of aromatic tea.

Jack leaned on the wall beside the pneumatic tubes with a cup of tea in hand. After adding three cubes of sugar to the tea, he stood there quietly as he mixed it with a spoon.