8- Victory...For some

New Avengers Facility
Upstate New York
....

Nadia stared out the window of the room the avengers put her in. It's been four days since the battle with Ultron, the destruction of sokovia...

...And the death of her brother.

The teenage girl had changed into a red sweater with jeans, her dark hair out and messy. Her mind was numb, his death still fresh in her mind. She didn't even react when she was brought to America, the country she's been wanting to go to since she was little.

A knock on the door broke her out of her mind, she sighed before speaking up weakly "Come in".

The door opened, revealing her sister. Wanda gave her a broken smile "Can I come in?" She asked.

Nadia nodded, giving her a small smile in return "Of course...".

Wanda stepped inside and closed the door behind her. She walked to the bed her younger sister was on before pulling her into an embrace.

The warmth of her sister almost made Nadia broke, tears starting to well up in her eyes as she burrowed her face in her sister's neck.

They were quiet for a moment, enjoying each other's embrace, until Wanda was the one to break the silence "How are you sleeping?"

Nadia snorted into her shoulder "Who said I was?".

Wanda sighed before pulling back to look into her eyes "Nadia, I love you. And because I love you I'm going to tell you that you have to take care of yourself".

"How can I knowing that it's my fault that Pietro's dead" Nadia says bleakly, her eyes showing the pain she was trying to hide.

Wanda shook her head "That's not true".

"-It is!" Nadia outburst. Her outburst had released a blow of her energy and knocked all the things off her dresser, moving her desk slightly as well.

Wanda looks back at what she moved, then back at her sister in concern "It isn't. Pietro made the decision to save those people on his own".

"He wouldn't even be there if I let him stay with me!"
She exclaimed, tears flowing down her cheeks "H-He was worried and didn't want to leave me alone, but I forced him to go. I-It's because of me that he...that h-he" She choked up on her sobs, almost close to breaking.

Wanda quickly goes back to her before cupping her sister's cheeks with her hands "Nadia, listen to me; what happened to Pietro is not your fault, and it never will be. Do you think he would want you to blame yourself over something you had no control of?".

Nadia whimpered, another tear fall down her cheek before shaking her head in her sister's hands.

Wanda gave her a soft smile, her own eyes tearing up "He didn't leave us alone; he left us with each other, and now the avengers. He was proud of you, Nadia. Proud of you convincing my stubborn self, and proud of you for staying strong after you...were taken from us"

The older sister sighed, tucking a strand of Nadia's hair before continuing "His death did not go in vain, now he's  happy with mama and papa..." Wanda forced herself not to let tears flow down, trying to stay strong for her sister.