7

It was quiet as the sun began to rise. The little pink bunnies sniffing around as they smell the scent from the pot. In the tent, Rosalia and Arthur are fast asleep. Her sleeping on his lap as he slept sitting up with his hand on her head.

Arthur's P.O.V
'We continued our journey, with unfamiliar surroundings and time quickly passing as the only indicators of our progress.' I thought as I held Rosalia's hand, making our way through the forest with a knife in the other hand. 'After Rosalia's initial desperation and fear has passed, it was obvious she had no idea how to interact with me by how shy she was.' I thought as I looked back and saw her smiling at me with a blush on her face. 'I'll admit that worries of my family and impatience to get back home didn't leave me in the best if moods.' I thought as we stopped in a clearing as the sun sets.

While Rosalia maintained the fire, I decided to make the tent. I was almost finished until I dropped the hammer in my hand as I fell to the ground on my hands and knees. 'What made the journey most unbearable were the agonizing pains coming from my Mana core that struck unpredictably.' I thought as I clenched my chest sweat pouring down my face. "Arthur?!" I heard Rosalia shouted before I saw her standing in front of me. "Are you alright?!" she asked as I felt her rub my back. For some reason it allowed the pain to lessen but not much.

"Yeah... I'm... fine..." I told her as I got up slowly but not before I saw the worried expression on her face. Later that night, I sat in the tent as I felt the pain again. I heard Rosalia shifting besides me. "Arthur... Lay down and go sleep..." she told me as she pulled me down and hugged me before falling back asleep. Even though the pain was still there it was bearable enough for me to fall asleep as I hugged her back.

"Hey, Arthur... Do you usually get those pains in your chest?" I heard Rosalia say as I looked back at her. "Sometimes, but I'm fine." I told her with a smile on her face as she returned one back, nodding her head. As we continued walking I heard a growl behind us. I threw the knife with my Mana connected to it in the direction I heard the growl. I appeared in front of the wolves eyes glowing as I got prepared to fight looking at their frightened faces. When I was done, I looked back at Rose(she told me I could call her that) to see her staring at me in confusion.

I brushed it off, we made it further than before as she pointed in a direction with a happy look on her face. That was until I felt the pain again and ducked behind the tree as I held my chest. 'Damn... it's coming more frequent now. Should I...?' I thought to myself as I looked around the tree and saw her standing with a depressed look on her face. 'No. I can't make her worry about me.' I thought as I dealt with the pain before we set off again finding a good place to set up the tent.

Third Person P.O.V
Arthur fell asleep earlier than Rosalia as she pulled the coat over him before laying down besides him. She held his hand, playing with his fingers worry showing on her face before she fell asleep.

Arthur's P.O.V
'Days passed and Rose recognized more and more of our indistinguishable surroundings.' Arthur thought as he looked at Rose as a small smile appeared on his face upon seeing her happy expression. 'However, our pace had slowed as Rose's body couldn't keep up with the toll of constant travelling.' He thought as he looked at Rose who struggled with the bag on her back while trying to hide it. So I went behind her while snatching the bag before walking.

She stood still frozen as if trying to comprehend what happened. She looked at me walking with the bag over my shoulder. "Arthur, you didn't have to take it." I heard her say to me quietly. "It's alright." I told her as I pat her head and we moved from our previous spot. 'As for me, despite strengthening my body with Mana, the pains continued to grow and it had because harder to hide them from this timid, worried elf.' I thought as I fell, suddenly struck with the pain in my chest.