🌊 L 🌊

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailer"

50|THE DARKNESS TOOK HER

Isolde's body can no longer support her. With the sword penetrating her body, she fall down to her knees. Her eyes widen. The thundering roar from the sea serpent, as he has felt her pain even from the far distance between them. Being not the only one that has felt that a killing strike has hit the Queen. Not only does the largest predator in the ocean feel it, but the King does as well. The woman that he loves more than anything in this world has fallen in battle. On her knees, Isolde's emerald eyes look up to meet the creature that has struck her.

The creature barely has a face for her to meet, this dark force from which the creature has emerged is one that she fears more than anything in the words. Isolde falls down to her side where she lies on the ground. Her breath has been taken away from her. And when the sword is removed from her stomach, the pain becomes far too intense for her to even be able to handle. Being the worst physical pain which the girl has ever been in, and yet it is far less than the agony which she felt when her friend passed away.

The pain radiates throughout her entire body, buzzing through her veins and shocking her with every little second that passes by. Air does not come to her, even when the ocean does all it can to bring air to her. Her lungs simply do not take it. The blackness has begun to take over her vision, showing her that she has very little time left. Isolde is dying, and there is little that she can do about it, that anyone can do about it. The young Queen Isolde is soon to meet the same fate as Ahmeya suffered moments ago.

On the ground, she finds the darkness take her away. With the limited vision that the girl has, she is able to watch the waves. The blood that flows from her wounds surrounds her, and even then she can see the ocean blue water around her. It calms her heart down, it takes away the worries she has for death. For it is not death itself that the young emerald green-eyed girl has come to fear, it is rather what she is leaving behind and what will happen to the world if she were to fall.

Soon enough, she will leave the world and the kingdom that she has come to love, as well as the man that she has fallen so deeply in love with that words cannot even begin to describe it. The thoughts flow through her, it saddens her that she will have to leave the world. Isolde does not know how this war will be won if she is not there. She was chosen for a reason to lead those people, and she promised that she will lead them towards greatness. However, her wound suggests that she will fail.

It all runs through her head, reminding the girl that perhaps they were doomed from the start. She cannot understand if that was always what she was destined to do. Staring at how the waves move in motion. They are neither harsh nor too peaceful, just enough to make her forget the things that happen around her. The bloodshed and the war that still rages on as she lies there dying. The creatures have left her alone, left her to die alone. Coldness runs through her body, creating shivers that go through her entire body, she almost shakes from the cold.