Chapter 8

But she found it a little harder to not hate Harry when she discovered that he was the new Seeker on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She didn't like the fact that the rules were being bent for this one boy, just because of his name.

But she still walked with Fred and George as they caught up to the shorter boys, George on Harry's side and Leona and Fred next to Ron.

"Hey, well done Harry! Wood's just told us," George praised, placing a hand on the boys' shoulder.

"Fred, George and Lena are on the team too. She's a Chaser. They're Beaters," Ron explained.

"Lena wins us the game, but our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too badly," Fred explained, making Leona chuckle, even more so at the terrified look on his face. "Rough game Quidditch."

"Brutal," George piped up.

"But don't worry," she said, drawing Harry's eyes to her. "No one's died in ages," she said wickedly, before hearing her name and turning around to say hello to a girl named Angelina.

"I have a feeling that she doesn't like me very much," Harry said and the redheads' faces grew grim.

"Give her a break Harry," George defended. "She's trying."

"Not everyone gave her such a warm welcome because of who her parents were," Fred added, glancing back at Leona as they kept walking, before meeting George's eyes.

"And as for people dying in Quidditch, hasn't happened in years," George said, changing the topic before Harry could ask more questions about Leona.

"Someone will go missing occasionally," Fred said as they stopped at the corridor to their next class to wait for Leona, the younger boys continuing to walk.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George called after them as Leona began to approach them.

"He hates me, doesn't he?" she asked with a sigh as she clutched her books in her arms.

"Not really. He thinks you hate him," George answered.

"I'm trying," she said, and Fred only draped an arm over her shoulders.

"We know Lena. Look, don't even worry about it for now. We got Charms, and no one is better at that than you," he smiled as he nudged her with his hip, making her lift the corners of her mouth.

"Hang on Fred, I think we make for a close second," George protested, eyeing the arm his twin had draped over their best friend, an arm Leona rather liked wrapped around her.

"Exactly. Second," Leona smirked and George pouted, the girl moving out of Fred's embrace as she approached his carbon copy. "Cheer up Georgie," she grinned as she nudged his chin up with her finger. "It's Halloween tomorrow, so you know what that means."

"Testing day!" they both cheered.

The tradition was that every Halloween, they tested any and every product, be it ready or not, on unsuspecting peers. It was valuable research for future development, and everything was fully reversible. Almost everything.

"Exactly! So, shall we go to Charms?"

They both grinned before they each offered her an arm.

"Might we have the honour of escorting you?" they asked in unison as she laughed before dropping into a curtsey, such manners odd for them.

"Why, thank you, kind sirs," she smiled goofily as she looped her arms with theirs, both of them taking half of her books so she didn't drop them.

And it was worth it to see a smile on her face.

Especially to Fred.