Chapter 70

Charlie had begun Jessica's training with the animal, Meg and Abi in particular. He conjured a series of illusions, that he hoped the Wampus Cats would be able to see through. Charlie observed as Jessica signalled Meg and Abi, he put a stop when Jessica wasn't watching what she was doing.

"Stop,"

"What they doing great?" she questioned

"They were fine, if this had been a real situation, you would have just been hit," she shook her head in disbelief

"What am I doing wrong?" she asked

"Nothing just need to be a bit more vigilant, trust your instincts,"

"I'm not an animal-

"So, every living thing has instincts, you said someone was watching you,"

"Yeah what does that have to-

"You didn't see anyone but you felt there was someone there, you trusted your instincts and you ran,"

"Okay let me try again," she said

Charlie set up a scenario similar to that of the Quidditch World cup, three years ago. He saw the panic in Jessica's eyes, Charlie was fully prepared to change the scenario, though he hesitated when he saw her pushed through her worries and run headfirst into action.

He smiled she had come a long way from hardly being capable of handling herself, to become more than capable of casting defensive spells, that could save her life. Charlie held his breath she was so close to completely defeating the illusion.

"YES!" he shouted, "baby you did it," he lifted her swinging her around

"I did it," she said hugging him tightly, she gestured for him to stop using magic.

The pair were staying with her grandparents, to prevent breaking the Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, they had to refrain from using magic around Jessica's grandparents. Whenever her Grandparents left for the morning market Charlie and Jessica would use the time to do some training in the garden.

With the use of concealment charms, they were able to hide their training lessons, from the Harper's neighbours. Charlie loved living with her grandparents, he had learned a lot about muggles, his father would for sure have a field day here with the Harpers.

"You know Christmas in a month," Charlie said,

"Yes, I'm aware,"

"I was thinking, I heard you're grandparents mention there's a Christmas Market that happens every year,"

"Yeah, I use to love going when I was younger, what were you thinking of?"

"Why don't we take the kids, it'll take your mind off everything and they'll have fun,"

"I think they love it," she kissed him, resting her forehead against his.

***

Jessica had spoken with her grandparents, she wanted them to join her while they attended the Christmas Market. They would have been worried about her father just as much as she was, though they seemed to have more faith that he'll be alright. It showed Jessica just how much, muggles weren't aware of the horrors that the Wizarding World were enduring.

Charlie asked his mother if they could have their Christmas jumpers a little earlier so they could have their picture taken with Santa in their jumpers. Jessica dressed Archie, Anna and Mary in their jumper, each having their initial on their jumpers.

"They look so cute," Jessica Grandmother commented on their family's matching jumpers.

"I know, Charlie's mother makes them for the whole family,"

"Really, that must be a lot of jumpers," her grandfather questioned

"Yeah, I don't know what she's going to do when my brothers and sister have children,"

"She'll be knitting all through December," Charlie laughed at Jessica's comment

"Where are we going?" Archie asked,

"Christmas market, you can get lot's of sweets and even meet Santa," she told him,

"Come on quickly," he said, pulling his mother's hand,

Charlie held Mary and Anna's hands as the family walked around the Christmas Market, Anna pointed at the Reindeer paddock that they had. Charlie took them towards the animals while Jessica had taken Archie with her grandparents to get some candy canes.

"Daddy," Mary whisper, he leaned down to her

"Why don't they have wings?" she asked he chuckled

"These are Reindeers darling, not Perytons," she looked at the animal confused

"Why does it look like one?" Anna asked

"Some animals look alike, like that Hedgehog we saw, looks just like a Knarl," they nodded their heads not completely understanding but just enough to see the difference.

"Would they like to Ride them?" a muggle man asked Charlie

"Can we Daddy, please," the begged

"Alright?"

They stood in the queue waiting for their turn, Mary waved at Charlie from the queue, he smiled waving back. When it came to their turn, the man gave them a carrot to give the reindeer first, he lifted them on the Reindeers, Charlie hoped that they didn't say anything too strange for the muggle to comprehend.

"They won't fly away will they?" Anna asked

"No, they only fly when they with Santa's magic sleigh," the man assured them,

While he thought it to be children's imaginations, Charlie knew his daughter was being serious, Perytons could fly. Reindeers were very similar in appearance. Jessica made her way back to Charlie with Archie they had candy canes for everyone she looked around him.

"Oh my goodness, what are they doing," Jessica exclaimed seeing her almost 2-year-old daughters riding Reindeers

"They're fine, the guy knows what he's doing?" Charlie explained

"HI, MUMMY SHE'S CALLED COMET LIKE OURS," Mary shouted, waving to her mother.

"Hold on sweetie," Jessica told her, Charlie saw a woman looking a little confused

"Our dog she means," he assured her.

Once the family had returned home, Charlie carried Archie and Mary to bed, Anna managed to stay awake until they got home. Jessica lifted her up when she saw her eyes falling heavy, she followed Charlie upstairs, laying her next to her brother.

"It's only going to get worse isn't it," Jessica said

"I'm afraid everything gets worse before they get better," Charlie kissed Jessica cheek as their children well slept soundly unaware of just how dangerous the world they were growing up in was.