THIRTY SEVEN

'Cleo!'

Tears of joy sprung to Roxy's eyes when she was crushed into a hug by her older sister. She sighed a big breath of contentment, unable to believe she'd been able to survive so many days without her sister. She didn't even mind when Cleo's long hair tickled her nose. Roxy couldn't help but frown when she felt a round bulge pushing against her own tummy. Had Cleo been stress eating? For a short while, the two sisters embraced, glad to be back together again after the longest time apart. Cleo gently pulled Roxy away, a manicured eyebrow rose and a smirk on her plush lips at the Alpha behind them.

'Alpha Winters, it's good to see you again.'

Isaac gave a nod. 'Luna Waters.' His gaze flicked to Roxy. 'I'll leave you two to catch up. Just make sure you're back at the room around six to get ready.'

'Ready for what?'

'All the Alphas have to have dinner together with their Lunas,' explained Cleo with an eyeroll. 'Politics.'

'It's mainly just a night for all the gossips to spill their guts,' muttered Isaac.

Cleo snorted. 'Now you've got Roxy on your arm, I'm sure Crystal is going to–'

Crystal?

'Like I said, it's all gossip around here for the next two days.' Roxy didn't miss the warning look Isaac shot Cleo, nor the way her sister winced. 'I'll see you tonight. Tobias and I will need to head down early with the other Alpha and Beta's but Kayla is going to help you get ready.'

Then, Isaac practically ran down the hallway. Crystal. Was she the young girl from Regent pack? There was a history between her and Isaac. Roxy felt her entire body deflate like a balloon. Just when she thought Isaac had told her all his secrets, it seemed there were more. She was tired. So tired.

Roxy forced a smile as Cleo ushered her into the room. 'Where's Trent?'

'Downstairs having drinks with some of the other Alphas. I was going down to play the part of a perfect Luna but I'd much rather spend time with my baby sister who I haven't seen for months.'

Roxy's jaw hung from hinges when she took in the huge room. In the centre was a luxurious sitting room decorated by golden stitched couches sitting across each other. Between them was a timber coffee table which looked like it would weigh a tonne with the latest werewolf newspapers and magazines sprawled across its surface. Vases of white orchids were placed around the room, the round-petal flowers giving off a beautiful aroma. On either side of the sitting room were sets of wooden sliding doors which opened up into bedrooms. Isaac had mentioned each Alpha and Beta shared a room. Hopefully the doors were thick enough to block out Tobias' and Kayla's mating. The two of them went at it like rabbits rather than wolves. Across from where Roxy stood, large windows revealed a balcony and beyond that a view of the manicured lawns and gardens of the resort. In the corner she could see the thick shrubbery of the secret garden and her stomach done a somersault.

Turning back to Cleo, she gave another scoff at the impressive room. 'Why didn't you warn me about how fancy this event is? We came on a private jet for Moon Goddess's sake.'

'Sheesh, a private jet? Whose fuzzy arse did Isaac have to kiss for the committee to pay for that?' Cleo scrunched up her nose and shrugged. 'Then again it is Isaac, so.'

'He didn't want to take any chances with everything going on,' said Roxy quietly. 'Cleo, there's something you need to know.'

'I might need to know but right now I don't want to know.' Her sister flopped down on one of the fancy couches and patted the spot next to her. 'All that serious talk is for tomorrow. Today is for spending time with my sister and telling you the news I've been holding in for the past month.'