•40•

Amren Valentino

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I ask her with my croaking voice.

Turning to her, I watch as the streams of tears flow freely, uncontrollably, down her cheeks. My guts drop at the thought that I'm the one causing all the pain, I'm the one behind all the tears.

She snuffles more, fighting the stubborn tears in an unsuccessful attempt. "What do you want me to say?" She asks exasperatedly, and I swallow down my throat.

"I don't know, Yana, anything! Scream, yell, hit me!" I let out frustrated at her reaction, or lack thereof.

She shakes her head gently, her hands wiping her tears "I won't do that" She confesses in a little voice.

"Do you hate me?" I ask, a wave of fresh tears pooling at the corner of my eyes, my heart pounding heavily in my chest in anticipation.

"I- I don't hate you Ren, I could never hate you" She confesses honestly and the tense muscles relax a bit in relief. At least she doesn't hate me.

"I mean I should. I know I should hate you. But I can't bring myself to do it. No matter what you do" She says sardonically.

"I mean, yes. You did in fact kill my mom. But it wasn't on purpose" She shifts closer to me, taking me by surprise when she got a hold of my hands in hers, squeezing them tightly.

"W-what?" I ask in utter astonishment, unable to believe that she's ok with this. She's ok with the fact that the stray bullet from my gun was what made her an orphan, what deprived her from her mother.

"I-i was at my father's earlier, he provided me with this, he said things in a way to seem as it was— he articulated words, filling my heads with morbid thoughts"

She says hesitantly, and I finally decide on the fact that I fully despise the man by now. He did nothing but rob her of happiness.

I take my hands out of hers for a brief moment, the action causing her face to fall, but quickly grab her jaws in them, my thumbs wiping the tears with a feather-like touch and she leans in, letting me know just how much she wants me. Almost as much as I need her.

"Wha-what about all of this, our marriage? Was it all to cover your actions?" The question smacks me dead in the face, before she could assume anything or jump into conclusions I shake my head frantically
"No, I swear, this has nothing to do with that" I speak with the truth exuding from my eyes, desperate for her to believe me.

"Ok, I believe you" She says at last, after nearly giving me a heart attack. I tug her closer, engulfing her in a hug, more fitting to be described as a death grip than a hug. We basically clang to each other like one would a lifeline when drowning.

I bury my head in her hair, my nose getting the satisfactory dose of her calming scent, my hands enclose tighter around her, fearing she'll evaporate into thin air if I open my eyes, resulting in nothing but a dream.

My nose tingles her neck and she she giggles against me at the tickle-y feeling, I sigh in relief knowing I've missed the sound of her laughter.

"Oh, and one thing" She says after pulling away from my embrace, far enough so she could look straight into my eyes.

I raise an eyebrow in return, "well, the reason for all of this, is actually my father only told me so he could turn me against you" She says and for some reason it piques my interest.

"Before you question my reaction, no, I didn't sell you out, even after he presented me with all that information, I carried myself out of his office, knowing I had to talk to you first" She blabbers on and I take her in a quick peck on the lips in order to calm her down.

She clung to my shoulders, steadying herself while shifting closer that she's now in my lap. My one hand is buried in her hair, steadying her against me, while my other hand lands on her waist squeezing the flesh; resulting in a little gasp that allows me to slip my tongue in.

After we've made out for a while, things escalating further more than a simple innocent peck, we pull apart chests panting, both faces flushed and gasping for air.

"Well, we might want to come up with something to deal with that" I let out, mind empty on what we should do in regards to the current issue, solely focused on the goddess in my lap.

"I agree, what have you got in mind?" Yana asks with a suggestive smirk on her face, running her fingers in the tangles of hair.

"I don't know about that, for now let's keep focused at what we have here" I say and pull her tight to me, both falling on the gentle caresses of the mattress in fits of kissing, biting, giggling and just maybe a little bit more.

•THE END•

IMPORTANT: Let me know if you want an epilogue. I don't have anything particular in mind, but I'm open to suggestions!

A/n:

Happy new year, this is my gift to you❣️
Thxx to anyone and everyone who read this story.
If you liked it please vote and comment ❣️
Also, check my profile for more stories;)