What's one more time?

Vic

"You're still coming tho... right?" Sarah asked with a hopeful tone and her and Mackenzie stared at me through the screen with their eyebrows raised. They've been begging me to come to the final show now that it's only 2 weeks out, I'm not entirely sure I want to go. Don't get me wrong, I want to see all of my friends that I've been missing, and I want to see them preforming even more, but I don't think Harry would want me there, and I don't know if I want to go sit and watch him front and center for the entire night.

"Yeah, but only because I'm dragging Soph with me." I said and Sophia scoffed from in the kitchen.

"No you're not. I'm not going." She said and looked at me from the counter.

"Oh come on." I begged and she shook her head and grabbed her glass of water from the granite countertop and walked around it and came over to me and the computer.

"No im not coming, I told you this already."

"I thought you were kidding."

"I wasnt. I'm sorry Vic, but absolutely not."

"But why?" Sarah whined over the screen and Soph turned her attention to them and back to me.

"I just, simply don't like him." She said and shrugged.

"To put it gently." I added sarcastically and she swatted at my arm. As much as I wish she would come, I also understand why she isn't. Sarah and Mackenzie aren't close with her, and Harry... well I get why she isn't his biggest fan.

"Soooooo, now you have to come Vic, so at least one of you come." Mackenzie stated with a smug look on her face.

"I don't know guys, I don't want to stand around in the front row, alone, to watch my... well yeah." I stated and I heard Sophia giggle quietly and I looked at her as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Ask David to go with you." She said and nudged my arm with her elbow and I rolled my eyes.

"Whos david?" Mack and Sarah asked almost automatically.

"Nobody-"

"This super talented, attractive, nice guy we work with, who completely has a crush on her." She stated and batted her eyes at me and I shoved her.

"Ask David." Sarah said bluntly and I shook my head.

"David is...barely anything. We're friends, we've hung out a few times, really."

"She means they hang out together everyday for lunch and disappear for an hour and then come back with... weird smiles."

"Because we are friends and had fun at lunch."

"I'm not buying it." Mackenzie added and I shook my head.

"Remember the last time "he's just a friend" was definitely... not just a friend." Sarah said and I rolled my eyes and let myself fall backwards into the back of the couch.

"We're not doing this." I said and groaned and Sophia chuckled beside me and I sat back up. "I have to get going anyway, I have actual work to do." I said and smiled at them.

"Okay, but I will be texting you everyday about coming to the show, so if you just say yes now it'll save you 2 weeks of trouble." Sarah said and I rolled my eyes.

"I will think about it." I told her and Sophia and I said our goodbyes and I ended the call. Shortly after I finished with them, I slowly pushed Sophia out of my apartment. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon editing some pictures and replying to clients reaching out with questions or requests. Over the past week I went through a lot of my photos from the last 6 months and compiled a file of some of my best work and I sent it out to a few galleries looking for new artists to fill some upcoming slots, so I've been checking my emails pretty much every hour for the past 4 days waiting for a response... so far nothing, but I'm still remaining hopeful. My phone vibrated on the couch beside me and I scooped it up and I couldn't help but smile.