chapter four: old timey tales

"Why does this stupid store move the freaking garlic bread all. the. damn. time."

"Rory, it's not that serious."

"Say that again and I'll sell your organs on the black market for a single plum." Rory said, not missing a beat.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," Bucky said, taking a small step away from his wife, "but we do need more plums."

"I bought plums three days ago." Aurora frowned, stocking the shopping cart with garlic bread.

"And I ate them all two days ago."

"You're lucky I love you." Rory sighed, walking towards the fruit aisle.

Bucky grinned.

"Oh, we need more apple juice." Rory said, realising they had passed the drink section.

"Why?"

"Because I like apple juice, why else?" She rolled her eyes, "now go get my juice, I'll get your plums and we'll meet at the register in 5."

"What if I get lost again?"

"Then find an employee and ask them for help."

"Aurora Amedeo, your child is at register 2. I repeat, Aurora Amedeo, your child is at register 2."

"Fuck sake, Bonky!"

"Right, so when we get there my brother will probably try to interrogate you, but I'll just remind him of his emo phase when he was 16 and he'll back off, so you don't have to worry about him. The real problem is my nephew; kid's too nosy for his own good and he won't leave you alone until he gets the answers he wants."

"Do I have to come? I mean, it's a birthday party for a 5 year old I've never met." Bucky pouted, putting on his seatbelt. "Plus, I'll also be meeting your brother for the first time."

"If you don't want to go, you don't have to. Leo will just have to deal with it."

Bucky sighed. "I'll go on one condition."

"What?"

"I get to drive on the way back"

"Deal."

"-And that's how Bucky and I got into the car crash."

"Rory, I told you to never let him drive!" Steve sighed and Bucky rolled his eyes.

"I can drive you know!"

"Sure, Bonky, that's why you're in a hospital room with a concussion."

"Rude. Also, how come you didn't get hurt?"

"You drove over a fire hydrant. Did you expect me to be on my deathbed?" Rory raised a brow and Bucky pouted.

"I'm calling the nurse and telling him you're harassing me."

"I'm literally never letting you touch a car again." Rory said and Steve perked up, as if remembering something.

"Oh, did I ever tell you about that time Bucky stole a jeep?"

"Uh, you did not. Spill."

"So, it was during the war-"

"Obviously."

"Shut up and let me finish."

"Sorry, Grandpa. Please, tell me your old timey tales." She motioned for him to continue and he gave his eyebrows of disappointment before continuing his story. All while Bucky sat there pouting.

"I hate you both."

"Love you too, Buckaroo. Now shush, Papa Steeb is telling a story."

a/n umm short chapter because i am dead inside :)

so, as you can tell, i couldn't be bothered to actually write the birthday party but let's just say all went well and a kid threw up on bucky (but on a more serious note, bucky definitely swung little kids on his metal arm and rory sat there giving heart eyes while emilio sipped his tea with raised eyebrows)

anyways, its 12am and i have to wake up at like 8 tomorrow and actually go outside and interact with actual people :(

vote and comment

thanks for reading-k♡

also, let me know things you'd want to see in upcoming chapters :)))